Transmission is a fast, easy, and free multi-platform BitTorrent client.
Transmission sets initial preferences so things "Just Work", while advanced features like watch directories, bad peer blocking, and the web interface can be configured with just a few clicks. Macworld put it this way: "It's fast, it's extremely lightweight, and -- even though it's available for a variety of platforms -- it behaves just as you'd expect a Mac program to."
Transmission supports full encryption, file selection, a web-based interface, groups, peer exchange, automatic port forwarding, webseeds, watch directories, tracker editing, global and per-torrent speed limits, and more.
Its code is freely available online and is licensed under either the GNU Public License v2 or the MIT License. The development team welcomes anyone who is interested in contributing code, documentation, translations, or other help.
What's new in this version:
- Fix possible data corruption issue caused by data sent by bad peers during endgame
- Fix potential buffer overflow when adding maliciously-crafted magnet links
- Fix announces to IPv6 trackers
- Fix issues with the incomplete directory functionality
- Fix bug where setting low priority in the add window resulted in high priority
- Fix port forwarding error on some routers by updating libnatpmp and miniupnp