CNET Editors' review
TimeLeft is a big improvement on the Windows system clock, but it's more than that; it includes a countdown, stopwatch, alarm clock, timer, and time synchronizer. It comes in several versions, including a Free edition that leaves out some features and limits users to one of each feature at a time, and a Deluxe version that has lifetime support and upgrades and unlimited features. But the Deluxe version is free to try for 30 days, which is plenty of time to see if this timekeeper is a keeper. We tried TimeLeft Deluxe in both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. We think anyone who tries TimeLeft and uses it every day (or nearly so) will value the Deluxe version's advantages.
Setting up TimeLeft involves choosing a few options. For instance, the program can replace the built-in Windows Tray Clock, but only in 32-bit Windows editions. We declined the Auction Watch browser add-on, which works with an optional feature that can keep track of your online auctions with help from a wizard that also packs a cool tool for exporting countdowns to Web sites. Some of TimeLeft's add-ons, such as the skins pack, cost extra; that's OK, because some users don't want to pay for extras (like skins) that they don't want or need and won't use, and choice is good. Speaking of choices, TimeLeft has plenty of them, starting with the New Year Countdown and Clock windows it displayed when the installer finished. These are compact, but can be resized; colorful, but can be reskinned; and legible, but can be configured to display any time or date format, number sequence, layout, and action you like. Clicking the program's System Tray icon opens the Main Window, an efficient utility for configuring TimeLeft's features. Right-clicking the tray icon opens TimeLeft's main menu, which accesses its primary features: My Reminders, My Countdowns, My Clocks, My Stopwatches, My Timers, and My Stickers. Right-clicking any clock or display accesses its own menu with options like Edit Countdown and Zoom.
What else? Customizable sounds, personal reminders, sticky notes (the Sticker feature) and still more. If it's about time, TimeLeft Deluxe has it covered.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of TimeLeft 3.59.
TimeLeft is a clock (also Windows tray clock replacement), countdown, Web countdown, work days and work hours countdown, reminder (including Moon phase reminder), alarm clock, stopwatch, timer, desktop sticker, eBay auction watch, and time synchronization utility. TimeLeft uses Winamp skins to show digits and text. Reminder offers virtually endless customization options, it can alert you at a specific moment or run periodically, remind you before a specified event or keep on reminding you after it. The reminder can show message, play music, open a link or document, or shut down your PC.
What's new in this version: Version 3.56 added a new languages and minor fixes and improvements.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Control the size, position, and layering of windows on your des...
- Arrange windows easily on multiple monitors.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Set your alarm clock and replace your standard tray clock using...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Access and use most commonly used programs.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Keep clipped text archived on the Clipboard.
- Set wallpaper on computer setups with more than one screen.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Set timer up to remind yourself of any specific events.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Expand your clipboard capabilities to perform more actions.
- Wake up/remember important event to your favorite songs.
- Manage and organize your clipboard contents.
- Display a flag or a symbol by your mouse cursor while detecting...
- Personalize your Windows 8 start and lock screens with your own...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 154 votes
Current version:4.3 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
Version: TimeLeft 3.56
Very versatile and you can too change the skins. It is very changable in each of the many catagories. I think it will be well worth the cost to upgrade.
The freeware is actually crippleware. But it does allow one of everything. Which for most people will be enough.
Very nice & versatile little program. Doesn't seem to be too heavy on the resources. Wish it was free for unlimited use. Oh Well!
"Great for making reminders that are customized."
Version: TimeLeft 3.56
Can make my reminders big, colorful and in large or small fonts and they pop up over everything on my computer.
At this point, after using it for a year, I have no cons. I used it in trial for several months (only one reminder) and then purchase the full product to make individual reminders of specific reoccurring tasks.
Great piece of software!
"Lets you allocate time for everything you need to do"
Version: TimeLeft 3.56
Lets you know how much time you have left to finish tasks on your computer, helps you to manage your time online, achieve more. Still get other jobs done elsewhere without spending hours on the PC & so you can have a break.
Could do with an alarm that is easier to hear it is a bit quiet.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content