In the Finder there's a command "Clean up", which can be used to position the icons of a Finder window (in Icon view) in a regular grid. But the distance between the icons is very large under Mac OS X, much larger than under classic MacOS. Under Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) the distance is even larger than under Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar), which makes this feature often almost useless because of the waste of space. The application Tidy will solve these problems. Tidy will also tidy up the icons, like the Finder, but it is much more powerful. With Tidy you can configure the horizontal and vertical distance between the icons in a wide range. Also there are several different grids, you can select how many columns of icons will be used. You can even move all sub folders to the top followed by all other icons, so all folder can be reached more easily (no more searching for a certain folder which is burried in tons of other files).
What's new in this version: Version 2.5 adds compatibility with Mountain Lion 10.9.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Make the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of ...
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Icon and Dock cataloging and customization.
- Colorizes Finder icons in OS X.
- Customize your icons and edit Mac and PC icon resources.
- Contextual menu item that adds favicons to web location files.
- Display and hide hidden files.
- 32 bit icon & resource editor, reads PC & OS X icons too.
- Create Finder window sets & more.
- RPG dice roller & hierarchical note taker.
- Converts images into icons: crop, resize, make different sizes.
- Save different Dock states for easy access to all of your files...