CNET Editors' review
TaxACT 2013 Deluxe Edition is 2nd Story Software's best value if you've previously filed your federal income tax returns with TaxACT. It has everything in TaxACT's free service, including free federal filing, guaranteed accuracy, and assistance if you're audited, plus state tax filing for a small fee. The Deluxe edition includes extra tax calculators, expert advice, free phone support, and more. You can download TaxACT Deluxe as standalone software, but we tried the Webware version, which integrates with your secure TaxACT account. Like TaxACT's other products and similar services, you can try TaxACT Deluxe for free and pay when you file. But you can also try it without registering or sharing personal data, which will appeal to privacy-minded users. You'll need to register to take advantage of all of TaxACT Deluxe's features and to file, of course.
We clicked TaxACT Deluxe's "Start for Free" button, selected the "Register Now" tab (instead of "Register Later"), and then clicked "Start My Return." Tabs labeled "Basic Info," "Life Events," "Federal Q&A," and so on made it easy to enter our personal data. Lots of help is available at each step, starting with a video tutorial, a tabbed sidebar, and a searchable Answer Center. Clicking "Jump to Forms and Topics" produced a pop-up page with handy tree views for quickly accessing tax forms, instructions, and more. We recommend taking advantage of the Review stage, which can find errors as well as flag savings you may have overlooked, and printing a paper copy of your returns.
For what it offers, Deluxe Edition's cost is modest, but there are numerous TaxACT options available. We suggest sampling each offering and going with the one that's best aligned to your needs and financial situation. For many taxpayers, that's TaxACT 2013 Deluxe Edition.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of TaxACT Deluxe Edition 2013.
From 2nd Story Software:
Donation Assistant lets you accurately track your charitable donations and, based on condition, provides you with certified resale values for nearly 1,300 commonly donated items, eliminating guess work and putting more cash in your wallet. Navigate your return on your terms. With TaxACT Bookmarks, simply mark and return to any question at any time. Get the definitions to for over 275 tax terms, linked directly from the TaxACT interview process right when you need them. Forms View allows you to follow where information is being entered into the tax forms as you follow TaxACT's easy interview process.
It also features IRS form instructions, stock assistant, competitor PDF import, FAFSA assistance, multiple refund options, loan & savings calculators, all-state tax planner, forms preview, compare to the nation, automatic update wizard, password protection, and versatile printing options.
What's new in this version: Version 2013 includes tax form updates and numerous feature enhancements.
More Products to Consider
- Convert Form 8949 from CSV format to TXF format.
- Count prices and taxes using online cross currency rate convert...
- Complete your tax return with worksheets, schedules, and over 1...
- Manage various aspects of your wholesale distribution business.
- Perform arithmetic and tax calculations.
- Meet your business needs with tax depreciation, management repo...
- Earn extra money helping Seniors complete Forms.
- Calculate and plan income tax with ease.
- Compute net & gross figures & generate printed payslip.
- Track trading times, schedules, and option expiration dates.
- Calculate and apportion taxes of different types and countries.
- Track, manage, and calculate your financial budget.
- Manage various aspects of your restaurant business.
- Do simple tasks on your Paypal account from Google Chrome.
- Prepare tax forms by yourself and get deserved deductions or cr...
- Track, graph, and report on the performance of your investment ...
- Analyze your income and expenses and forecast your financial fu...
- Get current values for the S&P500, NASDAQ, and Dow stock market...
- Manage your personal finances, balance budgets, and view report...
- Calculate net worth and print a financial statement.
- Manage your family and business budget.
- Place bids directly from eBay's item page.
- Plan and manage your personal finances.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content