CNET Editors' review
Tams11 Fathom is a challenging puzzle game in which users must correctly guess the colors and order of four balls. It's not bad, but we feel that it could easily become tedious and boring, given the fact that it really only does one basic thing.
The program's interface is plain and dated-looking. The publisher's description likens the game to the board game Mastermind, which we had never played, so we had to consult the game's Help file to figure out how everything worked. The computer chooses a combination of four colored balls, and users have to "break the code," or figure out that combination, by guessing and using a series of clues. Users get hints indicating whether they have the right colors in the right order, the right colors in the wrong order, or the wrong colors. Using the hints, players get twelve chances to try to crack the code within two minutes. Users can either play on their own or download the separate Tams11 Lobby in order to connect to other players. The game was easy enough to play once we consulted the Help file, but we didn't find it particularly fun. We admit that this is partially because we don't really enjoy this sort of puzzle game, but we also feel that we may have enjoyed it more if it were nicer to look at or if it had any fun additional features.
Tams11 Fathom is free. It installs politely but leaves a file behind upon removal. We recommend this program to all users; although it wasn't our cup of tea, it works fine, and other users may find it enjoyable.
From Tams11 Software:
Fathom is an multiplayer online game similar to Mastermind. You try to guess the sequence of the four colored balls in as few guesses as possible. You receive clues for each guess. The clue lets you know how many balls you have in the correct spot, how many you have that are the correct color but in the wrong spot, and how many balls will not be used to complete the code. You will need The Lobby from tams11.com in order to play online. Version 184.108.40.206 has minor bug fixes and updates.
What's new in this version: Version 220.127.116.11 has minor bug fixes and updates.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Protect the Earth from general catastrophe.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Battle others online with this multi-player paintball game.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Defeat your enemies to restore peace in Amakna in massive multi...
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Connect with other Tams11 game players.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Play a multiplayer online strategy game.
- Play online version of the popular board game Patchisi.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play a side-scrolling massively multiplayer online role-playing...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Join a team of online gamers to play football to street rules.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Create your own character and make a difference in the world wi...
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Play an action-packed arcade MMO game.
- Play a 4-player partner Cribbage game with various features.