From Pygmy Software:
- In effect: converts Word documents to Adobe PDF files
- In composition: a Cocoa front-end for the utilities antiword and ghostscript based on DOCtor
Enter Strangelove. Strangelove is an adaptation of DOCtor that depends on another (free) utility, ghostscript, instead of PStill. The end result is a utility that can take pesky Word documents and, with the right software installed, turn them directly into PDF files, readable by Mac OS X's Preview utility.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed readme typos
- Added note about browsing to readme
- Slightly updated icon
- A little bit better at finding ghostscript and antiword (arbitrary guesses) - thanks, Alex and Jonas!
- Made tool-not-found dialog text clearer
More Products to Consider
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Set a different desktop picture for each Space.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Menu bar extension like the classic Apple menu.
- Customize the appearance and behavior of your Mac.
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Menu extras: CPU, disk, memory & network monitoring.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Icon and Dock cataloging and customization.
- Edit and generate your own photos and images.
- Convert EPS files to PDF format.
- Create images from the pages of a PDF.
- Enable inline viewing of Google WebP.
- Forces windows to be full screen when you click the green butto...
- Exports and prints multiple InDesign and Quark documents in bat...
- Tool to quickly trash files.
- Personal journal with blogging and video support.
- Create a single multipage PDF from images via contextual menu.