CNET Editors' note: The Download Now link directs to your a page where you can download the application on your blackberry device.
CNET Editors' review
Starbucks Card Mobile App means BlackBerry owners can carry around one less plastic loyalty card in their wallets. Log in with your Starbucks Card username and password, or register a new account, and you'll be able to manage multiple prepaid cards from your smartphone.
Better yet, when credit threatens to dip below your latte threshold, you can top up your Starbucks Card by charging your credit card. The app lets you reload value from $10 to $100 (in $5 increments), and can also set up autocharging so you're never without a means to your caffeine buzz.
The app's store-locator feature is handy, but the best feature--paying with the app--is available only in select Starbucks stores in Seattle and Northern California, and in some trial Target stores. When you do find a participating location, the app will produce a bar code for the cashier to scan.
We successfully loaded credit onto our empty Starbucks card and produced a bar code, and we're looking forward to Starbucks expanding its trial to other stores. While remotely increasing the prepaid balance is a nice perk, the app's real value is in payment.
When it came down to the way this simple app did its business, we did have a minor nit to pick: we wish that all number fields were smart enough to translate letter submissions into numbers when pressing the shared number/letter keys on BlackBerrys with physical keyboards. Other than that, Starbucks loyalists should snap up this app on their mobile phones--and then order a cuppa.
Starbucks Card Mobile (BlackBerry) application syncs with Starbucks Cards and My Starbucks Rewards, making it even more convenient to manage your account. With Starbucks Card Mobile (BlackBerry) you can check your Starbucks Card balance, reload your Starbucks Card account with any major credit card - You can even set up automatic reloads when the balance gets low, find nearby Starbucks stores with a worldwide store locator feature, check your My Starbucks Rewards status, and experience mobile payment at Starbucks stores in more than 1,000 U.S. Target locations or in trial Starbucks stores in Seattle and Northern California.
More Products to Consider
- Get a scientific calculator with graphing functions.
- Take a picture and import contact info from business cards to y...
- A smart and handy tool to log, track and manage your daily expe...
- Always be aware of who is calling you.
- Find your location via your BlackBerry device.
- Connect your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer to get the ...
- See who is calling even on unknown calls.
- Free Economics Terms Dictionary for PalmOS.
- Search Indian STD codes with ease.
- Ask questions and get answers from a bot.
- Organize and track your tasks, notes, events, projects, questio...
- Material for financial students & financial professionals.
- Transfer money from person to person in the US on your BlackBer...
- Receive stock quotes and read news on any Java or Symbian cellp...
- Speak your BlackBerry SMS, e-mail, memos, tasks, contact notes,...
- Manage your checking, savings, credit cards and budgets on the ...
- Access your MySpace account from your BlackBerry phone.
- Make your meal with minimal mistakes and enjoy the process of c...
- Shop Amazon and thousands of other merchants wherever you go.
- Get an user-friendly reader for Stock Market news.
- Keep accurate records of the menstrual cycle.
- Display DMX value or set DIP switches.
- Take your trading to the next level from your iPad.
- View song lyrics synchronized to music on your Blackberry.