From Alex Vallat:
Although Windows itself will allow you to assoicate any extension or number of extensions with any applications this can soon become limited in its scope. I have found it useful to be able to choose which application to open a file with not only on the basis of a defined extension, but on a pattern of extensions, or on its file name or path. It was in order to achieve this functionality that SmartOpen was created.SmartOpen can associate itself with any existing extension, including the special types "All unknown files" and "All files", or create new ones all from an easy to use interface. Each extension can have multiple conditions which can contian the wildcards * and ?, and will operate on the full file name, extension and path. Each condition can execute multiple actions sequentially, or display a pop up menu to offer a choice of actions.SmartOpen can be used for a huge variety of tasks, but for three suggestions take a look at the online tutorials provided. Better yet, download it and experiment to find settings useful to your way of working.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- View the manifest.json file of an installed extension.
- Get various tools for managing, protecting, and optimizing your...
- Checks the first bytes of a file to determine its format.
- Clean your system and optimize its performance.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- View the information about DBF file.
- Monitor, improve, and optimize your Windows system.
- Search and browse through your directories quickly.
- Download multiple files linked to any web page at once.
- Set up countdown timer to receive alert of important event.