CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Though Android's built-in messenger app works great, it still isn't perfect. Sliding Messaging Pro promises to add some faster, more interesting performance for a small fee. This is a really nifty app that a lot of people will love. It just might not be worth the extra 99 cents when the free version of the app gives you most of the features you want.
Sliding Messaging Pro requires Android 4.0 or higher. It's only $1 to buy, which isn't much for a really cool upgrade. Again, there's also a free version that gives you most of the features and all of the speed of the paid version. If you do spend the buck for the upgrade, you'll get enhanced video and photo messaging features and a few more themes. However, you won't be able to completely abandon the default text app, since Sliding Messaging Pro piggybacks off of its inbox. What it does add over the default in Android is the ability to manage all of your messages with simple taps, swipes, and gestures. You won't have to hit any of your phone's physical keys to read any messages. The slide-out menu that allows you to preview and move back to your inbox just by tapping in the upper-right corner is a really nice touch.
Sliding Messaging Pro is a definite time-saver over the default Android app, especially since it maintains some of the same user interface. Pay the extra buck if you want to see the really dark theme -- which does look cool -- or want to congratulate the developer on a great app. Otherwise, stick with the free version, which is still one of the best messaging apps for Android.
Easily manage text messages in a new and up to date format compliant with the Android design guidelines and visually based on the stock messaging app from Google, with added features.Features:- Easily switch between conversations by dragging out the sliding menu on the left side of the screen.- Start a new conversation by sliding out the menu on the right side of the screen- Manage old messages with a single click- Choose between light and dark themes- Limited MMS support- Emoji support- Adjust text size and control notifications and theme though settings- Quick reply popup- Multi-window support for Galaxy Note- Light Flow supportPro Features:- Currently limited MMS support (future improvement definitely coming though)- Share via dialog for sharing content such as web links, etc- Pitch black theme- Option to choose background images for conversations menu and message list- Lots more coming in the future...If you are having problems receiving notifications, you may need to uninstall 3rd party messengers such as Go SMS.When using this app, do not disable the stock messaging app as I use it to permanently save messages to the phone. You can however, disable notifications for it so that you don't receive 2 of them.Please remember the app is still in beta and evolving every day. Let me know if something is missing or not working how you feel it should and I will do my best to correct it!Credits:- Jeremy Feinstein for his SlidingMenu on GitHub- Google for their stock messaging app off of which this app is visually based- Felix Hopfer for German translation- Mahyeddin Rahmane for French translation- Antonio Porcelli and Enrico Speranza for Italian translation- Tobias Prahl for Swedish translation- Alireza Afkar for Persian translation- Kamil Wojtczyk for Polish translation- Cyanogenmod for emoji icons- AleDB for the iconRecent changes:- Another quick ringtone bug fix- Text Color Options- Sliding option for message transparency (allows for seeing custom background images behind conversations) (tends to lag, you have been warned ;) )- Minor UI Changes- Bug FixesContent rating: Everyone
What's new in this version: - Another quick ringtone bug fix- Text Color Options- Sliding option for message transparency (allows for seeing custom background images behind conversations) (tends to lag, you have been warned ;) )- Minor UI Changes- Bug Fixes
More Products to Consider
- Discover perfect applications to build your mobile life via And...
- Manage and share files wirelessly between WiFi enabled devices.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- FREE Calls to U.S. and Canadian phone numbers or to any magicJa...
- Share and stay connected with your friends with the Facebook fo...
- Meet new people, chat, play games, and have fun.
- Best & real Samsung Galaxy S4 ringtones App for free.
- Allow you to share your photos on Android device.
- This app is an Ask.Fm launcher with Facebook and Twitter.Ask.fm...
- Meet MILLIONS of single girls and guys at Skout for flirting, d...
- Free Voice and Video Calls!.
- Your robust and comprehensive voice chatting app.
- FREE unlimited text and picture messaging. Chat with your Faceb...
- Unblock sites and surf anonymously with your Android device.
- Sync with the people from your Android device.
- This new redesigned APK Installer/File Manager has been updated...
- Extended version of GO Launcher, one of the most popular home a...
- Chat over VoIP or via instant messaging, share images and video...
- Kik Messenger.
- Easily turn your Android into the iPad 3 !!!This Android App al...
- Store and share your files.
- UberSocial is the leading full-featured Twitter client for Andr...
- Make new friends, send free voice, video and photo messages.
- Chat with your Yahoo friends from your Android device.
- Switch themes of different styles on your Android device.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content