Editors' Note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
Skitch - Snap. Mark up. Send. annotates and shares digital snapshots, PDFs, websites, and more. Blank notes let you diagram and save ideas on the fly without piles of paper notes and scraps. This app also integrates and syncs with Evernote.
Onscreen instructions: Onscreen instructions with well-designed diagrams make Skitch - Snap. Mark up. Send. easy to learn. We quickly learned to draw, crop, add text and objects, and make many other annotations.
Tap for tools: Skitch has intuitive controls and tool palettes and a scrolling bottom menu for accessing features. Settings include Default Notebook, Arrowheads, and "Wet Ink" line grouping.
Maps and more: We could swiftly scroll through and select Camera, Photos, PDF, Web, and Blank images to mark up. A particular favorite: The Map tool annotates and shares maps quickly.
Evernote integration: Skitch is published by Evernote and integrates deeply with the popular note-keeping app. Evernote can open Skitch Notes, too.
Custom colors: Limited color and shade options could be easily upgraded with color pickers.
Fine tools: We'd also like to see finer and more precise brushes and drawing tools, and more options in general. Skitch is basic by design, but a bell or whistle here and there wouldn't compromise its mission.
Fast, intuitive, and versatile, Skitch - Snap. Mark up. Send. is the sort of tool you're far more likely to use than fancier image editors for Android. Evernote users will be especially pleased with Skitch.
Communicate visually with Skitch.
Skitch is a free app that helps you communicate visually with friends, co-workers, or anyone. Annotate images with arrows, shapes, text, and more. Use Skitch to sketch something new, mark up maps, screen captures, or even a photo. Then save or share your Skitch annotation. Communicating visually has never been easier.
Features that make Skitch great:
- - Create smooth, lines and scribbles to explain an idea
- - Annotate maps, webpages and screenshots
- - Zoom and crop images
- - Pixelate portions of an image, add highlights and draw attention to what matters
- - Add text using special high-contrast coloring for readability
- - Markup text with the highlighter tool
- - Reposition and delete shapes, text and drawings at any time
- - Share your work with with any application that accepts images
Here are some ways to use Skitch:
Please note: In order to take advantage of Evernote syncing you must have Evernote installed on your phone and have an active account.
Skitch is available for:
What's new in this version:
New in Skitch 2.0
- Completely redesigned interface
- Full Evernote sync when the Evernote app is installed
- New tools: Pixelate and Highlighter
- Improved integration with the Evernote app
- View and edit Skitch Notes made using Skitch on other platforms