CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
It may not be a mobile version of Adobe Illustrator, but Skitch can handle basic image annotations and sketches exceptionally well. It's easy to learn, its tools work well, and it can even export your work to Evernote.
Getting started with Skitch is simple. From the Home screen, you can open up a blank canvas, import an image from your gallery, or take a new photo with your mobile device's camera. Also new to Skitch is a feature that lets you pull up and add annotations directly onto a Google Map, which is perfect for giving detailed or otherwise complicated directions to friends. It's also a nice tool for creative uses like scavenger hunts.
The editor interface is clean, with tons of white space in order to accommodate as large a canvas as possible. Two thin tool bars run up either side of the screen, with neither being overwhelming in any way. The right-hand bar offers basic functions like Home, Crop, Trash, Undo/Redo, Save, and Export to Evernote, while the left-hand bar houses all of your basic drawing tools like Pen, Arrow, Selection, Text, and Shape. There's also a selector on the left that lets you choose the color and width of your strokes.
Hands down, the best thing about Skitch is its simplicity. True, it's not quite a designer's dream come true, but it sure is easy to whip out and scrawl away on. The Pen tool works nicely, and even smooths out your lines as you draw them. I love the Selection tool because it makes it easy to move, edit, or delete strokes, and it lets you select multiple elements if you use it like a lasso. And of course, you can add rectangles, lines, ovals, or even arrows to your document in just a couple of taps.
Finally, since Skitch is owned by the developers of Evernote, it comes pretty tightly integrated with the popular note-taking app. In one tap, you can save your work directly to a Notebook on your account, which is perfect for someone who might be tracking sources of visual inspiration.
Overall, Skitch is an incredibly simple drawing and annotation app that's perfect for those with creative inclinations. I highly recommend downloading it, especially if you're an avid Evernote user.
Communicate visually with Skitch.
Skitch is a free app that helps you communicate visually with friends, co-workers, or anyone. Annotate images with arrows, shapes, text, and more. Use Skitch to sketch something new, mark up maps, screen captures, or even a photo. Then save or share your Skitch annotation. Communicating visually has never been easier.
Features that make Skitch great:
- - Create smooth, lines and scribbles to explain an idea
- - Annotate maps, webpages and screenshots
- - Zoom and crop images
- - Pixelate portions of an image, add highlights and draw attention to what matters
- - Add text using special high-contrast coloring for readability
- - Markup text with the highlighter tool
- - Reposition and delete shapes, text and drawings at any time
- - Share your work with with any application that accepts images
Here are some ways to use Skitch:
Please note: In order to take advantage of Evernote syncing you must have Evernote installed on your phone and have an active account.
Skitch is available for:
What's new in this version:
New in Skitch 2.0
- Completely redesigned interface
- Full Evernote sync when the Evernote app is installed
- New tools: Pixelate and Highlighter
- Improved integration with the Evernote app
- View and edit Skitch Notes made using Skitch on other platforms
More Products to Consider
- Edit your photos with effects, stickers, and texts on your Andr...
- This is the most advanced WiFi hacker resource for WiFi hacking...
- Droid NAS allows you to share folders over a Wi-Fi network, mak...
- Take note and remember everything, compatible on multiple devic...
- Best Cache Cleaner.
- Extended version of GO Launcher, one of the most popular home a...
- Kill unnecessary apps and running tasks.
- The most popular social drawing and guessing game on Android!.
- Print anywhere from any Android tablet or smartphone.
- Make Android tablet more useful and productive with powerful MS...
- This application allows you to access to WhatsApp without modif...
- Your WiFi speed is low? Speed it up by using our WiFi Booster! ...
- Send your photos as real, printed postcards.
- Mobile Banking BRI is a secure and convenient sms-based mobile ...
- Evernote Food helps you remember the food and meals you love.
- Accumulate all Web trends in one place.
- View and manage your contacts on your Android device.
- Operate your Android mobile phone's photo and video camera.
- View and upload you stereo photos to 3D-image sharing service P...
- Unlock your phones true potential w/ Root Tools by JRummy16 *Ro...
- Fold the square in various geometric shapes in a Tangram based ...
- GO SMS Pro Free Message Plugin, enables you to send free messag...
- Design your timeline in new creative ways.
- Keep your private text messages, photos, and videos safely hidd...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"A very practical tool for me"
Version: Skitch 1.3.04
It enables me to add effects to the photo and very useful in daily life. Simple as the recommends.
Sometimes, when i edit my photo, the software stop running and i have to edit it again.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content