Simidude is a cross platform network clipboard and Drag&Drop file transfer tool. It runs on Windows (2000, XP, Vista, 7), Intel Mac and on Linux. You would use Simidude, if:
- you need to work at two or more computers or virtual machines and would like to synchronize clipboard data throughout these connected machines.
- you need to copy files or directories between multiple computers and don't have a network share and don't want to use an USB stick.
- you need to quickly copy images from the clipboard to a file.
To setup Simidude is very easy. You download the installer for your operating system and run the installer. When you open Simidude the first time it will show you a preference panel with sensible defaults. You can leave them and just click OK. Simidude then starts to look for other Simidude instances running in your network. If it finds others and they belong to the same Simidude Group (see preferences) and the password is right it connects to these. Everything is done without configuration on your part. Simidude will then synchronize already clipped entries from one client with all connected clients. So no matter when a client joins, it will always see the whole picture.
What's new in this version:
- An embedded HTTP server. The embedded HTTP server allows you to access Simidude entries from any machines that has a browser installed. This is useful if you want to access Simidude but have no permission to install your own software, maybe because you're setting up your client's machine and want to use Simidude to transfer data back and forth. Here is a more in depth article about this new exiting feature.
- Save compressed. Simidude now offers a way to quickly save any text, i... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Extend the Dock and get window previews whenever you hover your...
- Widget displays Amazon's lightning deals.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Keyboard tool that lets you "click" buttons and control your ap...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Executes a list of programs after a time delay.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Synchronize your bookmarks and favorite files from any computer...
- Get an Dashboard styled clock for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Access home computers securely from anywhere, share photos and ...
- Get an Office Clock styled widget for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Productivity booster to store and access all sort of info.
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Takes your Apple Remote further.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Simidude 1.2.0
Shares Clipboard between all computers on network
Transfer files between all computers on network
Could use a help file and more extensive help on web site
This is just the program I was looking for. And it's the only one I know of that does exactly what this does. You have full control on each system you install this on, you can share clipboards between all computers or just some, share files the same way. The only down side was there is no help file and very scarce information on the web site. For example I had no idea what function the activate button served and could find no reference to it on the online help. I puts that item from the Simidude list into the local clipboard. Wish the help file had said that. All of the rest of the controls are straight forward and easy to understand. This program has made my work so much easier. It never fails.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content