CNET Editors' review
It's a small world, unless you're the one who sets the clocks. Years ago, keeping track of the time around the world meant a row of wall clocks with labels like "Leningrad" and "Peking." Things are easier in this century, and it's easy to keep track of the time in Beijing or Kalamazoo, Mich. But those who need to track multiple time zones simultaneously still face more of a challenge. That's where tools like Sharp World Clock step in.
Unlike many desktop clocks, it's shareware, though it's free to try for 15 days. But it's hard to find comparable freeware that can track multiple analog or digital clocks in customizable configurations, let alone as capably. Sharp World Clock Version 5 offers many new features, including automatic updates of Daylight Saving Time that don't rely on Windows Update, independently undockable clocks, Aero effects, an Alarm Center, and extras such as Sticky Notes, Weather Report, News Feeds, and Spoken Time.
When we tried it, Sharp World Clock's semitransparent main window displayed eight docked analog clocks set to major cities around the world. A Help feature controlled by a handy, tiny toolbar at the bottom edge of our screen opened when we ran the program for the first time. The Quick Start page makes setting up Sharp World Clock very easy: simply select a city or other location, and the program's Time Zone Calculator does the rest. You can also select a location on a Daylight Map or directly enter latitude and longitude. The Clock Designer tab offers tons of choices in a nicely designed layout with clean graphics -- something we can say about the rest of this program's layout and design choices, too. For example, sliders let us quickly resize our clocks as well as their international flag displays. A System Tray icon accesses a comprehensive menu of Sharp World Clock's settings and features.
Despite its many options and extras, Sharp World Clock is extremely easy to use: Simply right-click any clock face to undock it, customize its look, change its settings, and access extras like the Feed Reader and others. If you need to track time around the world, try this tool.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Sharp World Clock 5.83.
From Johannes Wallroth:
Sharp World Clock is a desktop world clock program with a variable number of re-sizable analog or digital clocks, in a horizontal or vertical line or in a grid arrangement. It provides an accurate time zone or daylight time information. Clocks can be undocked from the main window and resized without loss of quality. Editable configuration presets and selectable colors, background images, and transparency. Analog clocks feature editable clock hands and numbers, country flags, and a graphical representation of the day, night sky and an out-of-office dimmer, and hourly or quarterly chimes and spoken time.
What's new in this version: Version 5.83 has fixed changing flag size or padding would also change the clock size in a one-column layout.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Control the size, position, and layering of windows on your des...
- Arrange windows easily on multiple monitors.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Set your alarm clock and replace your standard tray clock using...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Access and use most commonly used programs.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Keep clipped text archived on the Clipboard.
- Set wallpaper on computer setups with more than one screen.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Set timer up to remind yourself of any specific events.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Expand your clipboard capabilities to perform more actions.
- Wake up/remember important event to your favorite songs.
- Manage and organize your clipboard contents.
- Display a flag or a symbol by your mouse cursor while detecting...
- Personalize your Windows 8 start and lock screens with your own...
All versions:4.7 stars
out of 94 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"best clock program on the market, no one gets close!"
Version: Sharp World Clock 5.83
easy to use and totally customisable, limitless varieties, very, very professional looking, regular updates and constantly improvments, rapid, friendly, personal service, super VFM (value for money)!
Wish i had purchased it before. I ketp waiting. Now i use it all the time.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content