From Screaming Frog:
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a small desktop program you can install on your Mac to spiders websites' links, images, CSS & scripts from an SEO perspective. You can view, analyse and filter the information as it's gathered and updated continuously in the program's user interface. The Screaming Frog SEO Spider allows you to quickly analyse or review a site from an onsite SEO perspective. It's particularly good for analysing medium to large sites where manually checking every page would be extremely labour intensive and where you can easily miss a redirect, meta refresh or duplicate page issue. The spider allows you to export key onsite SEO elements (url, page title, meta descriptions, headings etc.) to Excel so it can easily be used as a base to make SEO recommendations from. A quick summary of some of the data - Errors - Client & server errors (4XX, 5XX) Redirects - (3XX, permanent or temporary) External Links - All followed links and their subsequent status codes URI Issues - Non ASCII characters, underscores, uppercase characters, dynamic URIs, over 115 characters Duplicate Pages - Hash value / MD5checksums lookup for duplicate pages Page Title - Missing, duplicate, over 70 characters, same as h1, multiple Meta Description - Missing, duplicate, over 156 characters, multiple Meta Keyword - Mainly for reference as it's only (barely) used by Yahoo - Missing, duplicate, multiple H1 - Missing, duplicate, over 70 characters, multiple H2 - Missing, duplicate, over 70 characters, multiple Meta Robots - Index, noindex, follow, nofollow, noarchive, nosnippet, noodp, noydir etc Meta Refresh - Including target page and time delay Canonical link element File Size Page depth level Inlinks - All pages linking to a URI Outlinks - All pages a URI links out to Anchor Text - All link text. Alt text from images with links Follow & Nofollow - At link level (true/false) Images - All URIs with the image link & all images from a given page. Images over 100kb, missing alt text, alt text over 100 characters. User-Agent Switcher - Crawl as Googlebot, Bingbot, or Yahoo! Slurp Custom Source Code Search - The spider allows you to find anything you want in the source code of a website. Whether that's analytics code, specific text, or code etc. (Please note - This is not a data extraction or scraping feature yet.) XML Sitemap Generator - You can create a basic XML sitemap using the SEO spider.
What's new in this version:
- Redirect Chains Report
- Crawl Path Report
- Respect noindex & Canonical rel="next" and rel="prev"
- Custom Filters Now Regex
- Crawl Overview Report
- We are now identified Apple developers! So hopefully Mac users will no longer receive a warning that we are 'unidentified' or the 'file is damaged' upon install.
- From feedback of individual cell and row selection in 2.21, we have improved this and introduced row numbers.
More Products to Consider
- Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook suite of applications.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Entourage suite.
- View & print PDF files.
- Open-source office productivity suite with Microsoft Office com...
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Entourage suite.
- Productivity suite: Pages, Keynote, Numbers.
- Convert PDFs into the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint formats gener...
- Word processor & page layout app.
- Always keep your invoices and estimates at a glance.
- Print shipping labels with USPS postage for all of your online ...
- Viewer for NFO, ASC, DIZ files.
- Convert your wealth between 174 world currencies.
- Use six feature-rich apps for document production and data proc...
- Bridge between OpenOffice/NeoOffice spreadsheets and Java class...
- Messaging & collaboration client.
- Mikogo is a free desktop sharing tool for web conferencing with...
- Store, reproduce, and modify characters you drew.
- Go Writer is a clever word processor to help you accomplish you...
- PowerPoint-compatible presentation tool.
- Character creation utility for d20 systems.
- Split, combine and reorder PDF files.
- Makes it easy for writers, designers and developers to access s...
- Manage your financial accounts.
- Split, combine, reorder PDFs; overlay/edit images/text in PDFs.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"A robust SEO auditor"
Version: Screaming Frog SEO Spider 2.10
-shows you the broken links on your site
-detects w3c errors
-is good for internal lining analysis
-allows you to create an xml sitemap
In general, it's a solid on-page analysis tool
-the annual fee is a bit too high
-is limited to on-page SEO, I'm forced to use another software (Webmeup) for backlink analysis, Google Analytics integration and social.
I just wish it was more of a all-in-one tool
If you are looking to audit your website for on-page issues, Screaming Frog is a very good tool to use.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content