SMTPit is a very flexible FileMaker Pro plug-in that allows you to send email directly from FileMaker Pro without the aid of any helper applications. To use it, all you will need is an email address, an SMTP server, and FileMaker Pro 4.x or 5.x.
You can easily integrate SMTPit into your existing solutions. A basic knowledge of FileMaker Scripting is needed, however, the documentation for SMTPit covers how to use FileMaker Pro Plug-ins, and more specifically, how to use the SMTPit plug-in.
A fully functional 30 day demonstration version of SMTPit, along with several example databases and full documentation, is available from our web site listed below. Until you register your copy of SMTPit, it will show a splash screen when FileMaker Pro starts and it will include an extra demo footer in all emails you send. Once you register your copy, both the splash screen and the extra footer will disappear.
What's new in this version:
- Japanese and Central and Eastern European character support
- Connect and Disconnect functions for Mass Email solutions
- Status Window for showing what SMTPit is doing at all times
- Support for the OS X version of FileMaker Pro 5.5
- Server Authentication support for logging into your mail server
- Better multi-tasking support on Macintosh for running FMP and your mail server on the same machine
- New PathToDB function for returning the path to the folder containing your database... See all new features »