From G.P. Imports:
You can now send SMS messages for FREE! You can send infinite sms.
Major NEW features for the Deluxe Version.
1. You can send SMS messages to multiple recipients at the same time (you save money and time).
2. You can save all provider information, application has its own contacts book, so you don't have to type the provider information every time you send an SMS, you just do it the first time you use that individual contact.
3. Several pre-made sentences, perfect when you are short of time. You can also add/edit/remove additional sentences.
4. Unlike other applications, If a user has several phone lines you can select the one you want.
5. Major Provider Update, 22 more.
6. Access to iPhone's native spell checking feature.
Most carriers have "SMS gateways" which take actual email messages and send them to their customers' cell phones as SMS text messages. The only thing that you need to know is what carrier the recipient's phone belongs to -- it's not enough to know their phone number, since the carrier determines what the email address of the receiving phone is going to be.
US Users: We now provide a web tool so you don't have to find your recipients provider.
We have compiled a LARGE list of providers/carriers from where you can choose the recipients one, making it easier for you to send SMS messages.
Please go to http://www.gp-imports.com/sms/ there is a link to a forum so we can all share our experience setting up providers.
Most carriers permit the recipient of the sms message to answer it in the usual way.
For the recipient it works as a regular SMS message (billed according to his/her plan).
Most carriers limit this kind of message to 180/200 characters.
Sending this message is absolutely FREE; you will not be charged for sending it as a text message on your phone bill, since its being sent as an email from your phone.
This application will let you add/edit/delete carriers as you find the need. We've compiled a large list of providers and included them into this application.
The application works with the following languages:
Language support for English, French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, and Polish.
Our next version will include: Greek and hebrew.
International keyboard and dictionary support.
Yes! Ipod touch users can also use this application.
Keywords: easy texting, easy messaging, ipod and iphone.
What's new in this version:
Updates for 3.0 compatility. (Table Views)