More than 800 paintings by over 100 artists from the Romanticism, Realism and Barbizon movements in one screensaver. Romanticism, dominant between the late 1700s through the mid 1800s, placed new emphasis on such emotions as trepidation, terror and wonder, especially when confronting the sublimity of the untamed power of nature. In part, it was a reactionary revolt against the aristocratic social and political norms of the Age of Enlightenment and it's scientific rationalization of nature. The Romantic sensibility contrasted with the NeoClassicism being taught in the academies. The idea of the romantic character may be expressed as a gifted, perhaps misunderstood loner, creatively following the dictates of his inspiration rather than the mores of contemporary society. Romanticism placed importance on the awe generated in being alive, and experiencing life 'in the moment' through the senses. It elevated intuition and spontaneity to noble characteristics and heavily prized the tumultuous fires of personal human passions over rationalism, permitting freedom from the classical notions of form in art. This collection also includes many artists from the art movement of Realism (not photo-realism as we think of it today) and from the Barbizon School of landscape. Realism was known for it's sublime simplicity, clarity, and a change to an emphasis on depictions of everyday working people living close to the earth; the unique and beautiful style of landscape painting of the Barbizon School was centered near the forest of Fountainebleau in France. Artists in this screensaver collection include Caspar Friedrich, Theodore Gericault, Fransisco Goya, Eugine Delacroix, Joseph Wright of Derby, Gustav Carus, John Constable, Joseph Mallard William Turner, Benjamin West, Ivan Shiskin, Jules Breton, Jean-Baptiste Corot, Gustave Courbet, Jean Francois Millet, Charles-Francois Daubigny, Honre Daumier, Narcisse de la Pena, Jules Dupre, Henri Fantin-Latour, John Grimshaw, Adolphe Monticelli, Ilya Repin, Karl Schinkel, Karl Blechen, Felix Ziem. This art slideshow displays each painting for up to 16 minutes (user modifiable) before softly blending into the next image.
What's new in this version: Version 4a may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug-fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Display the view of our planet as seen from space.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Display paintings from the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood art movem...
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Teach Vina parrot to talk, sing, and mimic noises.
- Select and set different wallpapers for PC.
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Enjoy the brightly colored animations, that dance gently like w...
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- Enjoy three stunning animations that reflect the world of Magic...
- Enjoy this beautiful clocks screensaver.
- Enjoy all the beauty of spring with the background music of Viv...
- View current time and day of week on your screen.
- Enjoy the beautiful and wonderful nature.
- Screen saver with 20 sunsets, animals, flowers, mountains & oth...
- Display a beautiful nature screensaver on your monitor.
- Customize your bootup screen with your own images.
- Decorate your desktop sleep mode with the beautiful scenes of n...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content