CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
Robo Defense FREE is a tower defender that stands out for its quick and addictive gameplay. It's one of the most basic tower-defense games on Android, but that may make it one of the best. You have to pay up to unlock all of its levels and maps, but it's worth the $3.
This application comes as a toned-down version of the full game that only gives you 11 levels on one map. You'll unlock endless upgrades and gameplay with the premium version of the app. That's a refreshing change from the "freemium" tower defenders that go on forever but get annoying if you don't pay for upgrades. Robo Defense FREE is different from those apps thanks to its dead-basic layout, as well. There are no ads, animated opening sequences, or really anything getting between you and the core game. In fact, the game is ready to start right when you open the app. The gameplay moves just as quickly. There's no build time or recharge time needed to create your weapons. As long as you have the money, you can build it right away. There are various achievements spattered throughout the game, but they are tough to unlock. That's because the game's difficulty gets intense really quickly, which makes this app a delight for fans of old-school tower defenders.
If you're nostalgic for 8-bit defender games, Robo Defense FREE is the perfect game for you. It's easy and addictive enough that everyone will enjoy it.
From Lupis Labs:
Robo Defense is the ultimate portable tower defense experience. Featuring open maps, upgrades, achievements and nice graphics. The free version features 1 map with 11 difficulty levels. A full version is also available with more maps and unlimited upgrade and difficulty levels Free version progress is automatically imported into the full version, should you choose to upgrade. HTC Desire, San Francisco: Turning off "High Quality Graphics" fixes known issues.Galaxy S: Try the "16-bit backgrounds" option to fix studdering performance issuesAtrix: Disable sound to improve stability Performance tips: If the game is running sluggishly, try playing fully "zoomed in". Turning off "High Quality Graphics Mode", in the options menu, will also help on some phone models. http://lupislabs.blogspot.comRecent changes:2.3.2: New Features: - Added Flare unlock disable until mine is purchased. Bug Fixes: - Improved sound stability on Galaxy S2.Content rating: Low Maturity
What's new in this version: 2.3.2: New Features: - Added Flare unlock disable until mine is purchased. Bug Fixes: - Improved sound stability on Galaxy S2.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- 3d truck racing game.
- Create your own text adventures (interactive fiction).
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Play through a whole career of wrestling matches featuring a va...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content