CNET Editors' review
RemShutdown provides system administrators or other authorized users with a way to shut down all or select computers on a network. It's easy to operate, but system experience is a must.
This program has a very simple interface with quick buttons to add or delete computers from the list. All that's required to set up a computer is its IP address. This screen also lets you enter a delay time before computers shut down, but it's only in seconds, and we would have liked the ability to delay in increments of hours or days. A small field lets you enter a short message that will be displayed on affected computers before shutdown. Users might lose work if they miss the message, though, as you can set the program to force a shutdown on remote computers. A final option lets you initiate a restart instead of a full shutdown. Shutdowns can be aborted if accidentally initiated.
RemShutdown is a simple program that performs a complicated task. With a user-friendly interface and intuitive design, knowledgeable users will find this to be a handy tool to effectively shut down multiple computers on the fly.
RemShutdown allows to specify a delay during which a message you specify can be displayed and applications running on the remote computer at the time of shutdown can be allowed to close. In addition, RemShutdown offers the user the option to cancel the shutdown. The tool is designed with a user-friendly interface and is easy to use.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Automate shutdown to extend your computer's life and save energ...
- Set usage limitation and alarms for computer processes.
- Shutdown or reboot your computer or use timed shutdown feature.
- Manage tabs of more than one window at the same time.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Protect your eyes from damage caused by long hours of PC use.
- Automate and optimize the tasks you frequently do on your PC.
- Monitor access to shared folders, resources, and remote worksta...
- Manipulate hidden settings of windows.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Wow, Didn't Think it could be THAT bad."
Version: RemShutdown 1.2
It looks nice, thats about it.
The whole thing is just the Windows Remote Shutdown Tool, but with an easier to use interface. It runs entirely off of the windows system, and windows blocks the program by default for security. Making this work is such a big pain, it just isn't worth it, especially when windows can do this on its own, which a LOT more options. Since the Windows one can restart, logoff, hibernate etc.
Version: RemShutdown 1.0
There is no use in downloading this program.
Simply put, it doesn't work.