CNET Editors' review
We like our computer desktop like we like our actual, physical desktop: tidy, well-organized, and nice to look at. As such, we don't have a lot of patience for desktop enhancements that mess with the familiar look and feel of our virtual workspace; as far as we're concerned, things are fine the way they are. These types of programs keep coming, though, and we keep trying them out, hoping against all odds for one that really will enhance our desktop. Unfortunately, Real Desktop Standard is not the one. It's innovative and has some interesting features, but once the novelty wore off, there wasn't much about it that we really liked.
The easiest way to explain Real Desktop Standard is to compare it with a three-dimensional room in which all your desktop icons are laid out on the floor. The "walls" of the room contain links to the publisher's Web site and online tutorial videos, though we couldn't get them to load. The user's perspective of the room can be shifted using the camera feature. The graphics aren't of particularly high quality, and our icons appeared pixelated and somewhat washed out. In many ways, the program features like a normal desktop, letting users move files around, place them in the Recycle Bin, and so on. But we weren't crazy about the fact that folder names were invisible unless we moused over them; if there was a setting to change that, we didn't come across it. A so-called mini tutorial provides menus for Control, Selection, File operation, and Changing the camera, although the User Manual button didn't seem to do anything. Overall, there was nothing blatantly wrong with Real Desktop Standard, but it didn't do much to impress us, either.
Real Desktop Standard installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly.
Real Desktop gives your ordinary desktop new life and turns it into a Real Desktop. Turn your ordinary desktop into a Real Desktop. You get icons with real physics behavior and an eye catch graphic. Customize your Desktop and get designs from our webpage.
More Products to Consider
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Create up to nine virtual desktops to work effectively on diffe...
- Enhance your productivity without slowing down your PC.
- View in different zooms.
- Display any animated gif-image on desktop.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Closes annoying popup windows.
- Swith between desktops.
- Block pop-up windows when you're using Internet Explorer.
- Manage up to 16 virtual desktops in an amazing 3D space.
- Protect children from unsuitable (pornographic) contents.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content