Have you ever wondered why the ATI graphics that came with your Mac, Powerbook or iBook doesn't have the same features available for the retail graphics cards? For years ATI has bundled software with their retail cards that adds features and extra capabilities. This software, known as "ATI Displays," is designed to only recognize and function with the retail versions of their video cards. These additional capabilities are withheld from OEM and onboard ATI graphics owners even though, in most cases, the chipsets are nearly identical.
Radeon Enabler patches the ATI Displays application to allow it to recognize most OEM and onboard ATI graphics chipsets. Once recognized, additional features are "unlocked" and will function as if you have a retail card.
Please note that hardware dependent features such as "Versavision" and "TV-Out" will not function for OEM or onboard chipsets. They lack the hardware support needed for these functions.
Radeon Enabler supportes the following ATI OEM, Mobility and onboard graphics chipsets:
- OEM Radeon 9800 XT
- OEM Radeon 9800 Pro
- OEM Radeon 9700 Pro
- OEM Radeon 9600 XT
- OEM Radeon 9600 Pro
- OEM Radeon 9000 Pro
- OEM Radeon 8500
- OEM Radeon 7500
- OEM Radeon AGP (7200)
- eMac Radeon 9200 graphics
- eMac Radeon 7500 graphics
- Radeon 9700 Mobility (Powerbook)
- Radeon 9600 Mobility (Powerbook)
- Radeon 9200 Mobility (iBook)
- Radeon 9000 Mobility (Powerbook)
- Radeon 7500 Mobility (Powerbook/iBook)
- Radeon Mobility (Powerbook)
What's new in this version:
- Added support for the OEM Radeon 9600 XT/9800 XT shipping in the new G5's
- Added support for the original OEM AGP Radeon (7200)
- Improved detection of missing or corrupted localization resources
- Enhanced the support file generation to include more detailed information from the System Profiler
This version does not add any additional functionality for previously supported cards. If you have already used Radeon Enabler successfully for your chipset,... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Set a different desktop picture for each Space.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Menu bar extension like the classic Apple menu.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Customize the appearance and behavior of your Mac.
- Menu extras: CPU, disk, memory & network monitoring.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Icon and Dock cataloging and customization.
- Video card driver, for retail cards only.
- Retail & built-in cards: Radeon, Rage, Xclaim, Nexus.
- Video card driver for Rage, Nexus, Xclaim series cards.
- For all RADEON cards (incl. OEM/Apple).
- Forces windows to be full screen when you click the green butto...
- For the PowerLook and Mirage II scanners.
- View, stop and run processes in virtual machines.
- Small minimize effects enabler.
- Fixes Quark screen redraw in Classic environment.