CNET Editors' review
Quinn is a free, "falling blocks"-style arcade game with simple, solid gameplay and thoughtful multiplayer extras. Quinn doesn't tinker with the time-honored format for this popular type of game: four-block "tetromino" shapes fall down a vertical game board, and you have to move and rotate them into a neat stack along the bottom. Every time you complete a horizontal row of blocks, that row disappears and lowers the entire stack, giving you more room to maneuver the infinite supply of incoming, ever-faster-moving pieces.
Quinn does the basics well--the game runs smoothly, and you can customize the appearance of the shapes and the game board with tons of user-created designs on the Quinn site--but what makes it exceptional is the easy-to-use multiplayer features, including in-game chat and an online leaderboard. You can have two-player tournaments on the same computer or over a local network, and you can also play online through public servers listed on the Quinn site. For the truly motivated, Quinn even offers "unofficial," hidden preferences that you can activate through the Terminal. Overall, Quinn is an excellent value and one of the best options on the Mac for a game of this type.
From Simon Härtel:
Quinn is an arcade-style tetromino puzzle game written and designed specifically for Mac OS X. It features a clean, elegant user interface, beautiful graphics, and smooth, subtle animations for fluid gameplay. Instead of reinventing the game with yet another variation of the rules, the goal of Quinn is to combine the simplicity of the original idea with the genuine Mac experience for perfect user enjoyment.
What's new in this version: Fixed a bug which had slipped into the previous release, causing a crash when starting a network game.
More Products to Consider
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Take a spin around three tracks with three car modes.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Update the look and feel of GTA 3 with this add-on.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Defeat evil Bowser and his army of small soldiers.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Collect lemons using an orange and the rules of physics.
- Get a small pink block reunited with a big one.
- Play an interesting sport game.
- Win by racing or wasting other cars.
- Advance an entire civilization in this strategy game.
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"waste of time"
Version: Quinn 3.5.6
who know? never got a chance.
I downloaded this file and it wouldn't install on Leopard latest version. Waste of time.
Version: Quinn 3.5.6
Nice little game to clear your mind between tasks
no cons in my opinion
nice gama and for free!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content