CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
What's brown, lumpish, and a bit messy? Not to mention cute, funny, and fun to play with? If you said Pou, you're right on all counts. Pou is an alien pet that you must feed and take care of. He's very hungry and is likely to get the shakes if you don't feed him regularly -- and he's not the neatest of diners, so you have to bathe and groom him, just like taking care of a real pet. That's Pou's not-so-dirty secret: as with other virtual pets, taking care of Pou teaches players how to care for pets, others, and themselves. It's fun, too, so just don't mention the learning part! Pou is for everyone, and it's totally free for Android devices.
Pou's interface is much like the typical Android game app, with simple Settings like the ability to turn sound effects and music on and off, a basic menu, and stats. As with other games, you can unlock new levels and options as you play. Pou himself is a brown, rounded triangle with large, froglike eyes that quivered in obvious hunger as the game opened. You're advised that Pou likes to eat and eat a lot, so the first order of business was to feed him. This involved dragging a sack of fries into his mouth. Feeding Pou the first time earned us more food to feed him, including healthier fare such as cherries. You go to the Shop to buy food to stock the Fridge to keep Pou healthy. You have to keep Pou clean, too, as we discovered after his meal of fries left Pou a bit greasy and disheveled. When Pou is dirty, you use soap from the Lab to clean him. In the Lab you'll also find Health Potions to cure Pou when he's sick, and other interesting concoctions, too, including experimental Potions. In no time we'd earned new wallpaper and unlocked the next level.
Over time, Pou grows, just like a real pet. You can change his look, customize his surroundings, and even dress him up. Pou is as real as you make him!
From Gnome Labs:
Do you have what it takes to take care of your very own alien pet?! Feed it, clean it, play with it and watch it grow up while leveling up and unlocking different wallpapers and outfits to satisfy your unique taste. How will YOU customize your POU? * Feed and take care of Pou, and watch it grow!* Play Games in the Game Room and collect Coins!* Experiment with Potions at the Lab!* Customize Pou's appearance!* Try out new Outfits, Hats and Eyeglasses!* Customize each room's Wallpaper!* Unlock Achievements and Special goodies!We're always listening to your suggestions to improve Pou and add new stuff! Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org ! :)--pou alien virtual pet cute monster toy tamagotchi virtuelles Haustier mascota Recent changes:New Game: Sad Tap! Can you unlock all achievements!New Black Body Color!New Dog Costumes: German Shepherd, Boxers, Labradors and Dalmatians!!New Dotted Dresses as well as new Plain colors!New Cat and Cow costumes!New Nerdy and Smarty Eyeglasses!New Ascot Hats!New Free Fall Game!Double more coins to collect in Games!You can now name your Pou! (top-right icon)You can now disable notifications in Settings!We are listening to all your suggestions guys, keep them coming! Email: email@example.comContent rating: Everyone
What's new in this version: New Game: Sad Tap! Can you unlock all achievements!New Black Body Color!New Dog Costumes: German Shepherd, Boxers, Labradors and Dalmatians!!New Dotted Dresses as well as new Plain colors!New Cat and Cow costumes!New Nerdy and Smarty Eyeglasses!New Ascot Hats!New Free Fall Game!Double more coins to collect in Games!You can now name your Pou! (top-right icon)You can now disable notifications in Settings!We are listening to all your suggestions guys, keep them coming! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Play 588 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Defeat evil Bowser and his army of small soldiers.
- Take a spin around three tracks with three car modes.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content