If a font contains Unicode characters, you can see all of them, neatly arranged in the standard Unicode categories.
You can use the character table of PopChar X like a menu or make it "sticky" to insert multiple characters in a row. PopChar X also allows you to select the font and size of the characters to be inserted.
- simple to use: click and select
- displays the keystrokes needed to create selected characters
- selectable font
- remembers and hilites the most recently selected characters
- Unicode support
- inserts HTML symbols
- automatically detects the current font in many popular applications (including Word, Excel, Illustrator, QuarkXPress, InDesign, FileMaker and BBEdit)
- manual font selection (in applications where PopChar X cannot determine the current font
- exclude common characters (letters, digits and accents)
- "styled" and "unstyled" character insertion
- resizeable window (up to the full screen)
- "sticky mode" lets you insert multiple characters with a series of clicks
- automatically starts at login
- also works with Classic applications
If you purchased your license within the last two years, the upgrade is free for you, and your current license key will work for the new version. If your 2 years update period has expired, you can purchase a 2 years update renewal. Whereas other software vendors offer upgrades at a reduced price for just a single new version, our licenses cover ALL subsequent releases of PopChar X and PopChar Pro within two years, starting with the date of purchase.
What's new in this version:
- New option to hide the corner "P" unless the mouse pointer is near the corner.
- New option to highlight recently selected characters with a yellow background.
- Improved handling of mouse movements avoids flickering.
- Faster display of the character table during scrolling and selection.
- The PopChar window now closes faster when the mouse pointer leaves the window.
- PopChar is now resolution-independent in preparation for future Mac OS ... See all new features »