CNET Editors' review
Pola is a basic photo editing program that allows users to make their images look like they were taken with a Polaroid camera. The program's simple interface makes it an easy way to add a fun enhancement to your digital photos.
The program's interface looks like a Polaroid, and inserting a photo into it is as simple as dragging and dropping. Users can also access a menu by clicking anywhere on the interface, which allows them to load photos and also rotate, crop, and zoom them. Users can add text to the bottom of the photo's frame, which appears in a font that looks handwritten. Inserting a photo into the program seems to alter its color to make it more Polaroid-like. The program's built-in Help file is basic, but it does an adequate job of explaining its features.
That's really all there is to this program. Its features are not extensive and its interface isn't particularly impressive, but it's a fun effect and it's easy to use. For this reason, it's not a bad application to have around, even if it is a one-trick pony. Pola is free. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users looking for a simple, fun effect to add to their digital images.
From Manuel Barzi:
Pola provides a quick and easy way to create Polaroid-like photos from standard digital images. it is based on the original core idea of Polaroid.exe, a little software released in 22nd of November of 2007 at download.com. with a simple drag & drop and one click it creates a Polaroid-like photo from the image you choose. it's simple and fast, easy to use. Pola software is the original, easiest and funniest Polaroid image maker. from your digital photos, create vintage pictures and full of seventies effects.
What's new in this version: In version 3.0a r7, two new cartridges are presented: the tasty PolaChoco, and the fresh PolaBlue. Furthermore, the function to add shadow to your Polas like the old Pola 2.0a used to do is now available again in Pola 3.0a. And more... what's your favourite Pola Camera? yes, new models are included in this new version, find them out.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Add frames and stamps to your photos with over 600 ready-to-use...
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- View, edit & convert photos easily.
- Right-click an image file you want to preview and you'll see a ...
- Add frames, borders, and filter effects to your digital photos.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"awesome! love it ;)"
Version: Pola 3.0a
easy to use, funny application, great results :)
lovely actions like PolaCam, Cartridge selection, Pola comments capability... :)
i hope more functions to come soon!
"Editor's review is very welcome to improve Polaroid in its next version ;-) thank you! manu"
Version: Pola 1.02