CNET Editors' review
Nirsoft's PingInfoView2 is a small and handy utility that network managers, Web site administrators, developers, and even regular folks can use to ping multiple host names and IP addresses and display all the results in one table. You can specify the time interval between pings in increments down to seconds. PingInfoView displays each successful and failed ping as well as the average ping time. Results can be saved as text, HTML, or XML files, or pasted to the clipboard for use in other apps.
This is a compact piece of software that downloads as a ZIP file but requires no installation or additional files to run; you simply click on the executable file once it's been extracted. This portability, combined with PingInfoView's compact size and free-to-distribute user's license, makes it an excellent tool for those poor souls who must wander from computer to computer, cleaning up after others' mistakes. It's only 40KB in size, so it fits on just about any storage medium with higher capacity than a stone tablet. Despite its compactness, it boasts a full-featured Windows-style application interface, with menus from File to Help, full-color icons, and color-coding of results. It's easy to use: open the app, enter host names and IP addresses, and click "OK."
PingInfoView is freeware that can be distributed freely as long as all files are distributed complete and unmodified. It's certified for versions of Windows up to Vista. It's a great little tool that can help make the thankless job of network troubleshooting a little less tedious.
From NirSoft Freeware:
PingInfoView is a small utility that allows you to easily ping multiple host names and IP addresses, and watch the result in one table. It automatically ping to all hosts every number of seconds that you specify, and displays the number of succeed and failed pings, as well as the average ping time. You can also save the ping result into TEXT, HTML, or XML file, or copy it to the clipboard.
What's new in this version: Version 1.36 adds 'Auto Size Columns+Headers' option, which allows you to automatically resize the columns according to the row values and column headers.
More Products to Consider
- Download and convert videos from video streaming sites.
- Download YouTube videos and convert to multiple formats.
- Increase your connection speed and recover broken downloads.
- Convert over 20M YouTube to MP3 music clips and ringtones.
- Download and convert videos, including YouTube to MP3, M4A, FLV...
- Monitor and get notifications about your assigned IP address.
- Download and manage torrent files.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- Track and eliminate trails from visited Web sites.
- Download free videos from YouTube, Google, Yahoo, Facebook.
- Determine your PC's weaknesses, locate & fix system-related pro...
- Convert multiple Youtube videos to various formats.
- Check for the time you have been online and what it costs.
- Get a pack of Internet communication controls.
- Download YouTube videos and accelerate downloads.
- Modify PC date and time via Internet Time Servers.
- Download and convert any YouTube video into your favorite forma...
- Synchronize your system clock with time servers on the Internet...
- Manage your file downloads on your Windows PC.
- Get notifications about the stability of your network, servers,...
- Extract music from YouTube movies as MP3 files.
- View and delete e-mail directly from your mail server.
- Check and monitor your IP Address and Internet connection.
- Download video and music from YouTube.
- Run a Web server on your computer with an IP address.