CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page. You can download the application in the Android Market from your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
There are fewer image-editing apps for Android than we'd like to see, which is why it's a good thing that Adobe created a version of its Photoshop.com app for the Android platform. That is, if works on your phone at all. Although the simple, intuitive app produced a thumbnail gallery of saved photos on our Nexus One, it failed to read the SD card on our HTC Incredible and popped up a blank gallery.
Click "edit" to start cropping, straightening, color-correcting, and adding effects and borders. While there are generally enough tools to accomplish our aims, a few more features--such as red eye removal and rotating--wouldn't go amiss. Photos save to your phone's gallery and although you can upload them to Photoshop.com (you'll need to register for an account), Facebook, or Twitter via TwitPic from the app, it's a shame you can't e-mail or SMS edited pics from within the app.
If you've got a Photoshop.com account, you can also edit pictures from the app by switching from your Phone tab to the Online tab. No worries if you're not yet registered--you can sign up for a free account directly from the phone.
We hope that Adobe soon addresses compatibility issues with certain Android phones. In the meantime, since the app costs nothing to download but your time, it's one we recommend for mobile shutterbugs to try.
From Adobe Systems:
Perfect your pictures with the Photoshop.com Mobile App on your Android phone. Simply drag your finger to crop, adjust color, apply effects--you name it. Crop, rotate, and color-correct with the touch of a finger. Add soft focus or change to black & white with a click. Go classic by adding a sepia tint. Intuitive Photo Browser for viewing local and online images. Apply one-touch effects like Warm Vintage and Vignette. When your image is perfect, you can make it your phone background or share it.
More Products to Consider
- Change your photos into works of art.
- Awesome PicsArt Studio!.
- Correct and enhance photos form all possible angles.
- More than 600 effects, overlays, and borders to personalize any...
- The best camera application for portraits, 'Cymera'.
- Edit and share photos virtually anywhere. Access them all on Ph...
- Edit your photos with effects, stickers, and texts on your Andr...
- Share your pictures on Facebook automatically.
- Enhance, transform, and share your photos easily.
- Troll your friends! Create rage faced photos and share created ...
- Special Instagram HD version of popular Lomo Camera app. Take p...
- Collage will never be the same Instantly create Magazine-Style ...
- Protect your Android devices from malware and viruses.
- Manage and control your Android devices wirelessly from a web b...
- Easy and intuitive photo editor. Apply effects, adjust color, a...
- Edit your photos on the Android device and add extra features t...
- Protect your phone and keep your child engaged and entertained.
- Age your face and make a face look older as you can.
- Block calls you don't want and receive calls you do want. Great...
- Provide Internet access to your laptop through your Android pho...
- PicStory - Tell your story!.
- Get an Android application to start phone calls from your deskt...
- View and change phone settings depending on different condition...
- HiCollage - we make traditional collage more simple, more fun, ...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"A scaled down version, its the best I have seen so far"
Version: Photoshop.com Mobile for Android 1.2
Easy to use. Does not overwrite the origional picture, insteads creates a copy. So far (two weeks now) I have not had to force shut down at all.
Could have more border choices and maybe the ability to place text on the pics too.
I love the full version for the puter and when I saw this for the Droid, I just had to get it. I have been VERY impressed so far. I like that it makes a copy of the picture automatically before any changes are made to it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content