CNET Editors' review
Anyone with a digital camera knows how quickly the sheer number of photos on your hard drive can become completely unmanageable. Photo View is a simple program that lets users easily preview images and their properties. It's a handy tool to have if you need some help managing your image files.
The program's interface is simple and easy to navigate. Down the left side a tree hierarchy lets users navigate to images wherever they're stored. Select a folder and a pane along the bottom of the interface displays thumbnails of all of the images within. Clicking on any image displays a preview, along with a histogram, EXIF data, and magnifier properties. We liked the magnifier tool, which lets users zoom in on all or only a selected part of the image. There's not much in the way of editing features--users can rotate, flip, invert, and equalize images--but that's not the point of Photo View to begin with. Users can choose between English, Czech, and Polish as the program's default language, but that's about it in terms of features. Photo View also lacks a Help file, which isn't a serious drawback since it's so easy to use. Perhaps our only real complaint about Photo View is that it doesn't let users move images between folders, which would have been an excellent organizational tool. Overall, though, we think that if you need a quick and easy way to view your images and their properties, Photo View isn't a bad choice.
Photo View comes as a ZIP file and is accessible after extraction with no need for installation.
Image viewer with thumbnail band for fast navigation. Provides EXIF information, RGB/I histogram and some basic image processing tools. It can display lots of image formats. Image can be rotated, flipped, inverted, grayscaled and equalized. Special Magnifier tool is available.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Increase your productivity and document format compatibility.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Organize addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of your...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Edit photos, apply photo templates, capture screenshots, and cr...
- Resize and edit your images or screenshots in single or batch m...
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Capture and save screenshots with ease.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content