CNET Editors' review
Photo Frames & Effects Free is a basic image editor with a handful of special image enhancements. It's definitely not the most impressive or comprehensive image editor we've seen, but for simple tweaks and effects it's not a bad choice.
The program's interface is plain and intuitive, with a tabbed menu giving users access to editing features, effects, and filters. The editing menu contains the basics, such as rotating and resizing tools and white balance and contrast controls, though we were surprised to find that the program doesn't seem to have a cropping feature. The graphics menu revealed a selection of frames, borders, shadows, and textures; these were all of decent quality, though none of them were things we hadn't seen before elsewhere, and there wasn't a large variety to choose from. Some of the features weren't especially useful, either; for example, users can crop their image in the shape of a heart, leaf, puzzle piece, or other object, but there's no way to adjust the position of the image within the object. The selection of filters includes blur, edge detect, high pass, low pass, and others; a few weren't familiar to us, and the built-in Help file did nothing to explain what they were. Over all, Photo Frames & Effects Free worked just fine, but there's not much about it that really sets it apart from the competition, and there are plenty of other programs with more features that are also free.
Photo Frames & Effects Free installs and uninstalls without issues.
From Big Eagle Software:
Photo Frame & Effects Free is a comprehensive application that will enable users to add frames, borders and filter effects to their digital photos. The program's easy-to-use interface allows you to alter your images fast and easy without the need to read trough complicated documents. The program comes with many different frames and effects and support for additional add-ons to support more frames and effects to be added to the software. Features: Easy-to-use interface. Supports file formats BMP, GIF and JPEG. Easily add: Borders, Frames and other effects. Adjust Color Balance, Contrast, Brightness and Gamma Correction. Filter effects: Motion Blur, Edge Detect and more. Print to photo paper directly from the program.
What's new in this version: Version 1.12 improves Preview Thumbnail loading times, loads almost instant now and adds ability to change canvas size and image auto fit options.
More Products to Consider
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Add frames, borders and filter effects to your digital photos.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Analyze, modify, and enhance your images.
- Apply various artistic effects to your photos.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create photo collages with various effects.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and share customizable slideshows of your photos over th...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Decorate your photos with stylish picture frames.
- Resize, add borders, or convert your image to black and white.
- Edit, transform, and apply various effects to your photos.
- View and resize your image files.
- Edit images and digital photos with high quality effects.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Load, save, edit, and convert images into different image forma...
- Image browser, viewer & editor.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Not what I expected"
Version: Photo Frames & Effects Free 1.12
1. offered 5 frame options
2. several boarder options
3. kept freezing up had to reboot several times to complete a simple framing project
really expected a better selection of frames and borders, but I suppose when it is free you shouldn't expect too much. If you are looking for very basic options, it is an ok program, was irritating that it kept freezing up.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content