CNET Editors' review
We'll admit upfront that we had never heard of Ministeck until we encountered Perro Ministeck Creator. A bit of research revealed that Ministeck is a kind of puzzle originating in Germany that involves placing rectangular colored pieces of plastic onto a grid in order to form an image. In other words, it's a mosaic-style puzzle. Perro Ministeck Creator lets users take their own images and give them a Ministeck-style effect. We're not sure why, exactly, unless you're just a big fan of Ministeck and like the look of it, but it works well enough for what it is.
The program's interface is plain and intuitive. There's a button that lets users load their desired image and slider controls for contrast, brightness, and saturation. A large preview area lets users see their Ministeck image as they work on it. Users can choose between a variety of sizes of vertical and horizontal puzzles, select the colors used, and pick one of two algorithms to form the puzzle. Users can then print or save the puzzle images, as well as print a list of the blocks used. The program doesn't have a Help file, something that would have been much appreciated given the fact that Ministeck seems relatively unknown outside of Europe. Overall, Perro Ministeck Creator seemed to work well enough--it added a nice Ministeck-style effect to our images--but we're still not sure what the ultimate point of the program is.
Perro Ministeck Creator installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program to anyone with knowledge of or curiosity about Ministeck.
Open your own images and turn them into Ministeck puzzles. Several properties, like the size and the colors that you wish to use, can be configured. The resulting puzzle can be printed or saved as an example image.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2 icludes more colors and sizes.
More Products to Consider
- Create a media database containing all your collections.
- Print passport photo and ID photo.
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Your digital bookshelf.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Receive alert notifications on natural phenomenon.
- Manage movies, TV series, or collection of actors.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Manage content on your TomTom device.
- Design your rooms and plan your gardens.
- Play a chess game based on the Chessbin.com project on your com...
- Teach children addition, subtraction, multiplication, and divis...
- Download YouTube videos and convert to multiple formats.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- View day and night images of the Earth on your desktop.
- Teach children to tell time with analog and digital talking clo...
- Use Outlook plugin to search fast, archive e-mail automatically...
- Convert between image formats including RAW, resize, apply effe...
- Teach children various topics including animals, alphabet, numb...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content