CNET Editors' review
Repeat cutting and pasting can be a tedious and frustrating task. Paste Master for Mac allows for the creation of multiple clipboards to be created and used in different manners. Unfortunately, design issues overshadow how good this program could be.
Paste Master for Mac is able to generate an unlimited number of clipboards to allow for repetitive pasting. The clipboards can accommodate text, image, and HTML formats. Clipboards can be linked together to allow for pasting into multiple fields at the same time. The program is located in the System Preferences panel, making it somewhat unintuitive to access. You can easily create shortcuts and modifications by assigning hot keys. However, the excess of options can make the program confusing and unnecessarily complex. The interface that houses the multiple clipboards is very basic in design and disappears after every paste, which is frustrating if you plan to use a number of the clipboards in a row. The trial version lasts for 30 days and then you can consider paying $8 for a license.
Paste Master for Mac is able to house multiple clipboards for repetitive pasting tasks. The overt complexity of the features would probably dissuade personal use of the program. Unfortunately, professionals may also be frustrated by the inconsistency of the interface.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Paste Master for Mac 8.0
From John Woodward:
Paste Master is a clipboard manager that allows you to save up to 99 items that you have placed in the clipboard and be able to paste them again later. It recognizes certain types of text and allows you to paste them in special ways. This feature is very useful when dealing with forms that force you to type items like phone numbers or social security numbers in separate fields, or force you to enter phone numbers with just decimal digits. You can also lock or delete individual saved clipboards or all clipboards.
What's new in this version:
- Reduced the amount of disk space used for saved clipboards.
More Products to Consider
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Extend the Dock and get window previews whenever you hover your...
- Widget displays Amazon's lightning deals.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Free format data with images and more.
- Calculate postage costs, verify addresses, create professional ...
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Customize login screen, run screensavers as desktop, more.
- Keyboard tool that lets you "click" buttons and control your ap...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Extracts urls and emails in general from files, on the net or u...
- Executes a list of programs after a time delay.
- Restarts your Mac at a specified schedule or time or via web.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Create and customize greeting cards, signs, banners, and other ...
- Get an Dashboard styled clock for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Save time by saving common pastes (name address etc)"
Version: Paste Master 8.4
Saves time by saving frequently used pastes
The app has lots of features which I haven't used because I find them too complex
Great value for money, highly recommended
Version: Paste Master 6.3
The "Get Info" on this and "Super Get Info" both say this is version 6.25. Is there a version 6.3? If so, how does one get it?
Version: Paste Master 4.5
Provides a record of saves that user desires. Is simple to use. Can exploit other features, if user desires.
There is nothing to dislike
Have been using the product for some time and very satisfied with its performance. It is not overburdened with too many extraneous features.
"Just what I wanted"
Version: Paste Master 2.9
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
I needed a simple replacement for CopyPaste, which has gotten so complicated/bloated with features I don't use. This works great, I see a list of my clips quickly and easily from an icon in the menu bar. It has some nice extra features relating to ways to paste which are cool. So far, it plays nice with all my other software -- if that changes, I'll revise this, but for now, I'm very happy with this!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content