CNET Editors' review
Password Reminder is a free tool that saves your passwords, log-in data, and address or location of the Web site or application that requires password access and stores the data securely in an encrypted folder in your own system. You only have to remember Password Reminder's master password to access your stored passwords and log-in data. However, that doesn't mean you can forget your other passwords; Password Reminder doesn't enter them for you, it just saves them in case you forget them.
After we'd extracted and installed Password Reminder, the setup wizard informed us of the default password and advised changing it to our own password as soon as we'd logged in to the program the first time. We did, and received a user interface consisting of a blank window with three items on the menu bar: Passwords, Configuration, and Help. We clicked Configuration, which produced the Configure Access Password dialog. We entered our master password and clicked Save. A pop-up notified us that our record had been saved, and we closed the dialog. Password Reminder's dialogs let you make multiple entries, so they don't close as soon as you're done with one step. Next we clicked Passwords, which called up the Password Reminder dialog. Here we could enter the password, username, Web or local address of the site or app in question, and any Notes we cared to add. The Notes field is important because the program searches it for reminders, so think of it as password reminder clue. We clicked Save, and the dialog's fields cleared for another entry. To locate a password, we clicked Find and entered our search term in the Find Password dialog' single field. You can enter a URL, app name, log-in name, or notes. We entered something from our Notes field, and the program retrieved the appropriate entry, with password and other data displayed. We merely had to click the entry in the dialog's list view to retrieve the entry's data page for editing.
Some users may have trouble opening the Help file from the interface, but the developers have provided rich text copies of all the documentation, which can be found in the program folder. In all, Password Reminder seems to strike a good balance between security and ease of use, keeping your passwords and other data secure but accessible in your own PC.
The Password Reminder allows you to protect and store your login and passwords and license information for applications or Web sites and access them with only having to remember one access password. It stores all your login and passwords in one safe, secure encrypted location, locally on your computer.
What's new in this version: Version 126.96.36.199 Improve Database Security
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Manage and protect all your passwords securely.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Generate secure passwords for any of your projects.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Perform secure login, form-filling, password creation and sync ...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Retrieve the Serial numbers or CD Keys of Microsoft software in...
- Store your confidential data.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Keep all your confidential info secure & encrypted in one place...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Store your online identities and passwords in encrypted databas...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Manage and organize your passwords.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Store all of your usernames and passwords in one central locati...
- Provide a simple password management server compatible with Kee...
- Manage and secure your passwords protection using data encrypti...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Password Reminder 188.8.131.52
There is none because I was not able to use it.
Huge file yet the interface is like its from Windows 98 era.
When you download this it will require you to download a program from Microsoft. I discontinued downloading this.
"This software application simply gets the job done"
Version: Password Reminder 1.0
Simple and light on resources and space.
Does exactly as it states, it will remember all your logins and passwords.
All the logins and passwords are safely saved to a secure and encrypted database locally on my machine.
Doesn't have a button to automatically log me into the website/application.
This product is great for those of us who have a number of different logins and passwords to different applications and websites and need a simple tool to store them all safely and securely, for easy retrieval and reference.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: