CNET Editors' review
With a smorgasbord of tools for working with digital photos and creating illustrations, the latest version of Paint Shop Pro clearly has lofty intentions. However, this application shares a few minuses found in similar full-featured image programs. The busy, cluttered interface is almost certain to overwhelm newcomers, though more seasoned veterans of image-editing applications will quickly find their sea legs. Also, the installation file eats up a whopping 98MB of disk space, so be prepared for a wait before you can begin testing Paint Shop Pro's powers.
In return for the hefty toll it takes on your system, this program offers just about every tool you'll need for illustrating and perfecting your digital photos. In addition to the standard assortment of drawing implements, you'll find such new additions as a palette knife and a smear tool. Any errant brush strokes or adjustments can easily be undone via a small pane in the lower-right corner. If digital photography is your game, you'll appreciate the boatload of image-editing options Paint Shop Pro puts at your disposal. You can manually adjust such attributes as sharpness, color balance, and contrast, or you can use the program's One-Stop Photo Fix feature to automatically whip your shots into shape. A wide variety of effects will come in handy if you want to go beyond simple corrections, or you can simply resolve flash or backlighting problems. If your shots have too much noise or purple fringing, Paint Shop Pro can fix them up in a jiffy. Though this program may leave casual photographers or illustrators a bit bewildered, its all-encompassing feature set makes it a great bet for pros or anyone else craving a fine degree of control over his or her images.
From the developer: The most complete photo and graphics editor. Combining a unique set of automatic and precision photo editing and graphic design tools with an integrated learning system, Paint Shop Pro helps you deliver superior results with power and ease. It's your complete solution for print and Web.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
- Recover lost photos from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards,...
- Recover lost photos, documents, audio and video files.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Turn your photos into collage and make them into desktop wallpa...
- Create Flash slide shows with photos and music.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 488 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content