CNET Editors' review
This video converter is made by Red Kawa, the same folks who now make the popular Videora iPod video converter. Although both programs are plagued by rampant advertising, the situation is much, much worse in this one. The ads take up much more screen space than they do in the iPod video converter, and the ones for the PSP include shrill voices excitedly informing the user that you have won not one but two, yes two, iPod Nanos. And judging from the included images, they're old Nano models at that.
Although freeware with ads can be annoying, the manner of inclusion here goes beyond irritating and interferes with interface navigation. Video conversion rates were fine, but the cluttered and unintuitive UI significantly hampers the user's ability to determine what comes next: Pop-up boxes indicating subsequent steps are not easily distinguished from the ads that surround them.
We have noted many user complaints about the conversion success rate, so although we did not encounter any problems, we recommend using this converter as a near-last resort.
From Red Kawa:
PSP Video 9 is a free PSP video converter that converts video files, YouTube videos, movies and DVD's so you can play them on your PSP. The software can convert all types of video files (avi, divx, xvid, flv, x264, mkv, vob, mpeg, DVD's, YouTube, etc.) into the proper video formats (MPEG-4, H.264) that play on the PSP.
What's new in this version: Version 6.0 has added new firmware to lists, iPad support, iPhone 4 support, and iPod touch 4G support.
More Products to Consider
- Convert all popular video files to PSP/PS3 video formats.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play all the most popular video and audio formats.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Create your own PSP movies in easy steps.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
- Convert your videos to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, MP4, H264, AVI, ...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Convert, edit video and audio files for multimedia devices.
- Play, create, and stream high-quality video.
- Merge and combine VOB and MPEG files.
- Add audio/video codecs and filters to playback any video file.
- Find and download videos from YouTube, VideU, and MyVideo Web s...
- Allow you to retrieve info about video or audio file.
- Play all multimedia files and find subtitles automatically.
- Rip and convert audio and video to PSP format.
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Rip data onto disk with this DVD-to-MPEG-4 ripper/converter.
- Automate offloading for HD digital media.
All versions:3.1 stars
out of 74 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Couldn't get it to work with my PS3"
Version: PSP Video 9 6.0
It was pretty easy to use.
My version of software on my PS3 isn't listed in the version select that comes with the program. I chose the closest one and continued to convert my movie. When I tried to play it back in my PS3, it locked it up and I had to restore my PS3 to a previous date.
It might work if my PS3 wasn't up to date on updates.