From Nuance Communications:
OmniPage uses optical character recognition (OCR) technology to transform data from scanned pages or image files into electronic files you can edit, search and share in the format of your choice. In just a few clicks you could be completing tasks that have previously taking hours. One popular study estimates a single sheet of paper is copied 19 times while it's in use. The same study estimates that this translates to a saving of $20 per document when comparing paper and electronic filing methods. So, if your organization's documents are digital, you'll eliminate the need to physically store, manage or transport them. You'll dramatically reduce your costs associated with copying, printing and faxing too. OmniPage unlocks the potential of the data in your documents. Once you've scanned a document or opened an image file -- from any scanning device -- you can do limitless things with it; save it to the format of your choice; archive it to your network for universal access; extract the information automatically and repurpose it.
More Products to Consider
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Convert images into files you can edit, search, and share.
- Digitally sign any electronic document right now.
- Create, manage and edit documents.
- Send large files as e-mail links to friends and colleagues.
- Create, edit, and manage PDF files.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Record, view, edit, and merge GEDCOM data and create charts and...
- Control any local file linked to your MindManager maps.
- Image driver.
- Collect similar files into a single location.
- Save any PDF-form with content to your desktop.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Accurate, flexible, the best of the bunch"
Version: Omnipage 18.0
The OCR engine worked better than others I road-tested - fewer corrections, good 'learning' interaction with dictionaries and ability to 'train' the software for odd fonts. I road-tested this software alongside several other well known suites on some very difficult documents I am trying to archive to the web. The 'hit' rate (and suggested alternatives to its own first suggestion) was more reliable than any other I tried. Currently a quarter the price of the gargantuan Adobe offerings. Flexible saving options to permit translation into a long list of formats - particularly important if you want to load results onto web sites or share through e-mail. Security is good. Sharing documents for editing is a snap. It loaded and worked straight from the box identifying and working with the scanners I use. Importing all formats I could think of was straightforward.
I don't really have any grumbles. I am sorry that the price dropped so soon after I bought my copy - but that's life.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content