CNET Editors' review
Note taking is an important aspect to many computer users' lives. A program needs to be quick, efficient, and only visible when needed. Notez claims to be all of those things and more for the modern note maker, but we found its features to be fairly standard.
This freeware embeds itself into your tray for quick access. The note's interface is that of a traditional yellow sticky note with a few buttons and a scrolling bar at the top. The note can quickly and easily be written in the body of the sticky. The buttons are a bit surprising: one activates the alarm and the other three represent when you want to be reminded (1 hour, 3 hours, 24 hours) and the scrolling bar is a countdown to that reminder that can be slid and reset.
Notez also offers a basic set of options like changing the note color, font, and dialing in a more exact time for the alarm to sound. The program works well at taking messages and reminding, but we were not ecstatic about it overall. Making multiple notes took a right click on the tray icon instead of the desktop note. In addition, users right click the tray icon and scroll through some choices in order to view previously written notes since the desktop is difficult to sort through. However, these mild irritations aren't enough to discourage our use of Notez. It's a simple, functional download that should be perfect for users seeking a basic notes program.
Notez virtual post-it for Windows. User selectable colors, automaticaly saves notes, timer option, plays a sound file on alarm. Installation Unzip to the desired folder, run TrayApplication.exe, in Settings: Run automatically with Windows. It uses Time-Blend technology, notes fade out and disappear. It features user selectable colors, timer option, plays a sound file on alarm, and Unicode support.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Create reminders for important times in your life.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Display notes on your desktop and send them to others through y...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Get a virtual file cabinet.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Manage your ideas and thoughts with classic yellow notes on you...
- Let colleagues and friends leave virtual sticky notes on your d...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Time and add notes to an event.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Manage your personal information on one workspace.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Get alerts, stay informed about time, add contacts to address b...
- Create and display notes on your desktop.
- Play a piano chord on the virtual keyboard.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1