CNET Editors' review
This excellent little utility (formerly known as File List) can help you rename multiple files at the same time, in just about any way that you can imagine--for example, if you want to name a bunch of photos in a sequence or change some PC files from ugly all caps over to lowercase.
Name Mangler gives you a clean, intuitive interface for numbering sequentially, finding and replacing, changing case, setting extensions, adding prefixes and suffixes, and removing and inserting characters. Name Mangler also offers an Advanced option that lets you define your own renaming rules, combining the standard options and letting you describe new file names as expressions--and the ability to use regular expressions gives you almost limitless possibilities. This app even lets you save configurations as droplets, so you can execute the same set of renaming rules again and again with a simple drag and drop. If you need to frequently rename files, Name Mangler is a good value, and you can try it for free for the first 25 launches.
From Many Tricks:
If you need to rename several files at once, this is the application you have always been looking for. Name Mangler is a batch file renamer that supports the following renaming tasks: Find and Replace (including support for regular expressions); Number Sequentially; Change Case; Set Extension; Add Prefix/Suffix; Remove/Insert Characters.
Moreover, you can combine all of these using the Advanced renaming mode, which even comes with some extra features, such as conditional statements, nested counters, and more.
But Name Mangler is more than just one versatile renaming utility - it's an infinite number of task-specific renaming utilities: Name Mangler's Droplets make it ridiculously easy to store configurations and use those repeatedly for different, alternating purposes. Just drop your files on them.
What's new in this version: File renaming operations that will remove filename extensions now generate a confirmation prior to the action taking place.
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Detect and download updates for all of your installed software.
- Multifunctional utility for Mac OS X.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Versatile file search tool based upon Apple's powerful Spotligh...
- Make simple changes to a single object, and then repeat those c...
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Assign your hotkeys.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Synchronize and back up your files/folders.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Search for, uninstall applications and more.
- Manage system and user services on your Mac.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Customize and bind your keyboard.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Data recovery software.
- Backs up settings from several common programming apps to Dropb...
- Clipboard manager.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Why buy it? Name Changer does this for free"
Version: Name Mangler 2.5.1
I guess it does what it claims to do
Why should you pay for this when a nearly identical product (Name Changer) is free?
Don't spend money when perfectly good free versions exist.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content