Do you play games such as Battlefield 2 that reset the recording device to 'Microphone' even though you actually use a different line such as Line 2? With Muvixer, you no longer have to worry. Muvixer allows you to select the line you always want to use and if Battlefield 2 or any other program changes your recording device, it will automatically be changed back to your specified recording device on a time interval that you choose.
Version 1.2 updates the Audio Control, the exception handling to show exception form with function names on specific catches and not just on thread exceptions or unhandled exceptions, adds code to allow the retry of submitting the exception form if your firewall had not allowed access before showing the form.
More Products to Consider
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Improve your PC and Internet speed performance.
- Modify your computer's settings to increase your gaming perform...
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- Solve mathematical problems and check your mathematical skills.
- Create spreadsheets, analyze and share information.
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Fly on a small spaceship and destroy hordes of enemies.
- Play MPEG-4 movies with AAC sound with latest version of Apple'...
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Get past a level before the timer runs out and try to get as ma...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Monitor all available devices compatible with the UPnP protocol...
- Play a classic game of 21 and see if you can get the highest sc...
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Enum1394 driver.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Exactly what I needed to play on Steam!"
Version: Muvixer 1.2
Does exactly what you want it to do, and nothing else. Simple, efficient, effective, and lightweight. This periodically checks your mic settings and corrects them if they've been changed by another program.
Not a real con, but Muvixer treats the symptoms and not the underlying problems. This means that it doesn't prevent the change of mic input settings, so you MAY have a couple seconds here or there where they're off.
Muvixer is exactly what I needed. I was getting to the point of trying to rig up elaborate setups so that Steam wouldn't sabotage my microphone every time I tried to play online. Now, Steam still (foolishly) changes my mic settings, but Muvixer changes them back within seconds. The options include protecting the settings for your audio card, input line, and volume; also, you can set how often Muvixer checks your settings. I use 10 seconds for multiplayer games, but this may be overkill for some (it definitely isn't for Left 4 Dead!)
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: