Maryfi is a free and easy to use software router for Windows 7 computers. With Maryfi, users can wirelessly share any Internet connection: a cable modem, a cellular card, or even another Wi-Fi network. Other Wi-Fi enabled devices including laptops, smart phones, music players, and gaming systems can see and join your Maryfi hotspot just like any other Wi-Fi access point and are kept safe and secure by password-protected WPA2 Encryption.
Maryfi can easily act as a repeater for your home router, extending its range and providing Internet access wherever you need it. Connect to your home network, apply sharing settings to your home network, enter the same Wi-Fi name and password, and hit "Start Hotspot." Devices will automatically connect to the Internet through either your Maryfi hotspot or home router depending on proximity. you can finally have Internet access in that impossible back room or basement. In addition, if you run Maryfi away from home with these settings, any devices that need to be bound to a specific network (such as Eye-Fi cards or wireless printers) will work flawlessly with no additional configuration no matter where you are!
Internet connectivity is a lifeline. Airports, Hotels, and Coffee Shops know this and charge accordingly, often as much as $10-$15 a day, per connection! These fees can quickly add up when traveling with friends or co-workers. The handful of hotels that provide free Internet access occasionally only supply you with an Ethernet jack, which leaves Wi-Fi only devices and smart phones in the dark. Even the lucky few that have mobile 3G cards or adapters are limited to a single connection. Because Maryfi is free to download and use, users can save money on multiple Wi-Fi connections while on the road and still get all their devices online simultaneously.
Even without an active Internet connection, you can still run a Maryfi hotspot. This provides wireless access to shared folders or drives on your network as well as the ability to play LAN games with others.
More Products to Consider
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Unblock Web sites and surf safely and anonymously.
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Display all the computers which are connected to your system.
- Remote control your PC or Mac over the Web, stay connected no m...
- Share your desktop with another person via the Web.
- Access multiple PCs remotely from one machine.
- Include server media to your PlayStation 3 over your network.
- Turn your iPhone or iPad, iPod touch into a wireless trackpad a...
- Fix the connection problems when you want to use the Cisco VPN ...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 4 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"worked fast and covered what i needed."
fast and easy setup, instantaneous results
none discovered so far
Needed a quick way to have my laptop connect to a wi-fi router (say, at a hotel), and quickly connect my phone and ipad so i dont have to manually connect each device to the hotel wi-fi.
"Useless for me"
It's free of charge.
It asks for a 3rd party software: Microsoft virtual wi-fi. OK, I have installed that, too, but Maryfi still doesn't want to start.
Contrary to this, Connectify for example worked without any problems, didn't ask for any 3rd party application.
I know for sure that my WiFi card's driver is up-to-date, other applications can normally use it.
Currently is a waste of time installing it, this software is useless.
"Didnt work for me"
Nice looking install with abilty to choose install directory
Nice looking manual
Didn't get it to work. I was asked for a updated MS Virtual WiFin and when I followed the link to MS the driver there was from 2005.
Since I have a new laptop with W7 I didnt do it.
The main MaryFi window didnt display properly, it looked like it was repeating itself.
"i like it good software"
not all cards supported
Updated on Aug 16, 2011