CNET Editors' reviewWith its basic concept of colorful tiles strategically placed on a playing board, Mariko is similar to Mah Jongg. Mad Data's Mariko 1.0 marks a good-looking yet ill-explained and unstable attempt to bring the classic Chinese game into the electronic world. The fairly rich graphics resemble a classic Mariko board and tiles, but the game's controls are a nightmare to manipulate. The tutorial includes rough descriptions that make it difficult to grasp the rules on a first or even second read. Unfortunately, you can't return to the tutorial for another look once you start the game. We actually failed to find an intuitive way out of the game at all, managing to end it only with help from the Task Manager. Stability problems will probably squash any remaining affection you have for the game.
From Mad Data:
Match neighboring tiles in this ancient Chinese board game. Fill up the board as much as possible with stones, each of which can be placed only adjacent to a stone that shares either its color or its name. Like all great board games, Mariko's concept is deceptively simple, but offers a deeply complex and challenging experience.
More Products to Consider
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Knock stones off the board before they stack up.
- Guide jumping plumber past obstacles to save Mario's true love.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Provide live scoreboards for snooker, billiards and pool with f...
- Destroy invading aliens before they overrun the Galaxy.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Draw sheet maker for all sports and tournaments.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Provide Billiards scoreboard control for all sized monitors.
- Provide live scoreboard software for all sports matches and all...
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Solve classical tile-based Greek puzzles.
- Provide Snooker scoreboard control for all sized monitors.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Match three symbols in a win line to obtain a win and get bonus...
- Provide Pool scoreboard control for all sized monitors.
- Use mighty Terran destroyer to beat evil enemies.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Play a text-based American football simulation game.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"highly recommend this one"
Version: Mariko 1.0
This is one of the best of its type, easy to learn, hard to master. What I like most however, is that it has no irritating sounds or effects!! Contemplative games should not have frenetic qualitites.