Literati is a popular word game, which can be played online at Yahoo!, usually against other people.
The BEIKS version of Literati for Palm OS is a single player game and allows any words to be used on the board, including names, verb forms, singular and plural forms etc. Although the benefit of allowing word forms can be questionable, we believe it keeps the game closer to its original idea - knowing and using as many words from the language as possible.
Allowing any valid words and forms is also a big challenge to the word library that the game uses and although we have done our best to secure a truly remarkable spellchecking database, be prepared to surprise it. And when you do, you may claim yourself literati ;-)
- Powered by the LexLib spellchecking engine by BEIKS
- American English database with over 100,000 words and forms, normally used for spellchecking Two difficulty levels for beginner and advanced users
- Hall of fame with best results
- Optional UK English database (available as separate download, free of charge)
- Ability to expand with other languages (refer to Literati home page for details)
- Different graphical skins for 320x320 and 320x480 hi-res devices
What's new in this version: