Nagios is an Open Source host, service and network monitoring system that will watch your network and alert you to problems before your clients or end-users do. The system runs checks on hosts and services that you specify using plugins that return status information to Nagios. When problems are encountered the system will send notifications to system administrators so that they can take action on the problem.
Benefits of running a JumpBoxDeploying an application as a JumpBox provides a dramatically-reduced path to getting started with the software. Aside from installation benefits it yields other advantages such as portability across computing environments and simplified ongoing maintenance of the application. Here are a few of the benefits to using a JumpBox:
- Self-contained deployment means easy to move or delete - it won't scatter files all over your operating system.
- New versions of the JumpBox contain updates to each component in the software stack so there's no patching web servers, application servers, databases, dependencies, etc.
- A web-based administration console simplifies the management of your application including SSL certs, email relaying, SSH, backups and more.
- Once you know how to install a JumpBox you can deploy any of 50+ other JumpBoxes and take advantage of a growing library of conveniently-packaged Open Source software.
What's new in this version:
- This is a maintenance release. The included version of the application has not changed.