CNET Editors' review
Puzzles are one of the most popular genres of games on the Internet, and in particular, puzzles that involve matching jewels, bubbles, or other like objects proliferate. Jewel Quest 3 is yet another variation on this theme. Although we liked the puzzle itself, there were aspects of the game that we found somewhat off-putting.
Users should be aware that downloading Jewel Quest 3 first involves downloading the Free Ride Player, a game manager that will also download several other games without your permission if you're not paying attention. Once Jewel Quest 3 is launched, it's surrounded by advertising, which we found both distracting and detrimental to the game's performance. We also had to watch a commercial before starting the game, and periodically gameplay was interrupted by more advertising. All that aside, the game is fun, but it's not anything we haven't seen before. It's couched in a narrative about a mysterious game board with a secret compartment full of poisonous, blinding spores, but the game is really just about switching the positions of jewels around on a grid to match three in a row and clear them from the board. Each level of Jewel Quest 3 brings new obstacles--users must match three coins to unlock a locked space on the board, for example--and the game gets challenging pretty quickly. There are in-game instructions for each level, though they're written in such tiny font that we found them hard to read. Overall, Jewel Quest 3 is fun, but it's also a lot of hassle for a game that can be found in many similar formats elsewhere.
Jewel Quest 3 installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly.
From Free Ride Games:
In Jewel Quest 3, the third installment in the highly popular Match Three game, Rupert and Emma have settled down and opened a museum to display the many artifacts they have collected over the years.
The game begins with a tragic accident. While playing with a mysterious jewel board, Rupert and Emma's daughter Natalie pops open a secret compartment that releases spores into the air, causing her vision to fade. The distraught parents immediately set out to save their daughter's sight and embark on a worldwide search for a mythical Golden Jewel Board, rumored to hold the antidote that will cure her. As the game unfolds, Rupert and Emma find themselves guided by cryptic clues left by a shady stranger, calling on them to face a host of challenges and obstacles in order to find the cure before time runs out.
That's where you come in. Match colorful jewels into groups of three or more to clear them from the board and turn the tiles below gold. Follow the clues and face new challenges in 200 levels of perplexing puzzles. The more clues you decipher, the closer Rupert and Emma will be to finding the cure for Natalie. How does Jewel Quest 3 end? Who is the mysterious stranger that claims to hold the precious cure? Download Jewel Quest 3 now for FREE and enjoy: * 200 levels in unique 11 regions * 30 different jewels * 40 unique tournament boards found nowhere else in the game
More Products to Consider
- Get through relentlessly challenging puzzles and 180 impressive...
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Feed chickens, collect eggs and ship your goods off to market.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Sow plants, research, sell know-hows, and play with genetic cod...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Help workers construct world-famous buildings, monuments and st...
- Find all the possible words and get Word Duel bonuses.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Play a time management game.
- Match three or more bubbles of the same kind to free souls.
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Play a seek and find adventure game.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Design your own clothing to flaunt on the runway.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Help Jane Morian throughout her adventure.
- Take a spin around three tracks with three car modes.
- Swap the location of two objects on the screen to line up three...
- Find Jack's sister and recover the Lost Treasures of El Dorado.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Jewel Quest 3 5.0.2
The download process was rather painful: CNET downloaded its own download program to my computer. That download downloaded a "Free Ride Games" download. Then, that download started downloading the Jewel Quest 3 game. If that's not annoying enough, during all these downloads they were trying to install all kinds of junk toolbars and bloatware. The Free Ride Games programs installed itself as a residential program to run in a background of my computer at all times and tried to modify a bunch of protected registry keys. Finally, when the Jewel Quest 3 appeared, it was surrounded by huge blocks of extremely annoying shacking, flicking and moving advertisement, and then, to top it off, the stupid game wouldn't let me register the player's name and wouldn't let me neither proceed with the game no exit it.
Stay away from this horribly designed and buggy bloatware.