IPGadget is a small calculator for verifying IPv4 address information. Given an IP address and network prefix size, IPGadget will show you:
- The subnet mask corresponding with the prefix size (eg "/24" = "255.255.255.0")
- The network address (ie, where the bits of the host portion are all zeroes)
- The broadcast address (ie, where the bits of the host portion are all ones)
- The range of valid host addresses for the subnet
- The IP address is either the network or broadcast address for the subnet, or is reserved (class E)
- The subnet portion of the network prefix is either all zeroes or all ones (classsic mode)
- The subnet mask is incorrect for the class of address
You choose whether to impose classful or classless rules. For example, sometimes it's simpler to skip all-zeroes or all-ones subnets rather than waste time explaining Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) to people who should know better. Alternatively, if legacy devices in your network preclude you from using CIDR, IPGadget's online help includes an example explaining the classic rules.
IPGadget also provides a handy reference to address-class ranges, the ranges reserved for use in private internets, and the link-local range.
What's new in this version: Adds feature to show inverse or complement of critical fields.
More Products to Consider
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Manage, update and maintain enterprise deployments of Apple dev...
- Point-and-click your way through the package creation process.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Web capture tools.
- Mount remotely another Mac with full root access to it.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Use just one tool to check (X)HTML, accessibility, spelling and...
- Fast text editor.
- Version control system that uses SCM protocol.
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Create the advanced networking apps.
- Reads all sorts of different file formats that are supported by...
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Have every device on your network at your fingertips.
- RPG dice roller & hierarchical note taker.
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Easily test and measure the performance of your home or office ...