From The CocoaBots:
Hyperspaces is the ultimate way to customise Apple's Spaces. If you've ever found yourself wondering which space you're in, then Hyperspaces is for you. Hyperspaces works with Apple's Spaces to let you customize each Space so that it's recognizably different from the others through a set of great visual decorations. Your desktop is unique -- why shouldn't each space be unique as well? Set a custom desktop image for each of your Spaces and watch as the pictures fade into each other when switching between your spaces. If pictures aren't your taste, you can also use colors to tint the desktop of each space. With a wide range of blending options, you can create stunning variations using a single desktop image. The Space Switcher lets you quickly and efficiently switch to any of your spaces. It shows you a vibrant, clear view of the customisations you've made to each space, aiding you to get where you're going quickly and conveniently. Hyperspaces lets you put a name to every space. This name is shown in the menubar, the Space Switcher and (if you'd like) on your desktop. Hyperspaces has a dazzling array of hotkeys that you can bend to your every need. Ever wanted to hide your desktop icons with a single keystroke? How about jumping back to the space you just left? Adding or removing spaces on the fly? All of these and more are possible when using Hyperspaces.
What's new in this version:
- Changing spaces is faster.
- You can set the way that your desktop image scales (or tiles) under the 'Images' tab in the 'Your Spaces' preferences.
- A refined user interface for selecting and editing your spaces under the 'Your Spaces' preferences -- it should be much clearer which space you're editing versus which space you're on.
- Additional options under 'Your Spaces â?? OptionsSee all new features
More Products to Consider
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Extend the Dock and get window previews whenever you hover your...
- Widget displays Amazon's lightning deals.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Create HDR photographs interactively and with no tripod.
- Auto-save all documents you're working on and simultaneously do...
- Make the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of ...
- Safari plugin captures web pages as image or PDF.
- Keyboard tool that lets you "click" buttons and control your ap...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Create 3D interactive timeline charts.
- Executes a list of programs after a time delay.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Increase Time Machine browsing and restoration possibilities.
- Get an Dashboard styled clock for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Check word spelling and learn its meanings.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Elegant and functional"
Version: Hyperspaces 1.0.5
It just works and works well. It makes my Mac desktops unique and keeps my apps segregated where I want them.
There aren't any cons.
This is a great program, worth buying, elegant in design and function. It gives Spaces the bells and whistles that should have been there in the first place. Highly recommended. I've been using it for over a year and would run my Mac without it.
"Something weird here...works perfectly??"
Version: Hyperspaces 1.0.5
Lets me add background photos to each space just like Youcontrol Desktops did before Spaces came out in 10.5! NO lagtime (probably due to my 512 VRAM) when switching, very elegant and sensible interface, and great customizing. A real lwinner!
In demo mode the "SPACE 4" etc. dominates the screen beyond the trial 3 spaces they let you customize, not really a con seeing as I'm going to buy this great product...
Very few haxies, GUI customs, 3rd party apps to make your life easier in the Macintosh lifestyle actually work 100% without a hitch, as great as they may be. I can't believe these guys came up with one that does!
I'm surprised there aren't any reviews on Versiontracker or CNET on this, I guess it's pretty new but I've been looking for a replacement to Youcontrol Desktops that lets you completely customize your spaces background and I've found it. It even lets you hide the app from the dock and "Command-Tab" app selector so it's completely working in the background.
Usually 3rd party Haxies slow down or corrupt your GUI/OS but this one doesn't. Lately the Aussies have been coming up with some really fresh and innovative ideas for Mac workarounds, must be something in their great wine that gives them vision and inspiration! The best $13 bucks I'm gonna spend on my Mac this month for sure!
Version: Hyperspaces 1.0.5
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
This is a really innovative app but i run smackbook script because well...its awesome. and it slows that down some so i don't always use. but having different wallpapers, labeled work spaces, and seperate command keys is pretty useful.
at least try this program out.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: