Hot Spot X is a modern remake of an old Mac OS Classic game called Hot Spot. You have a game board that consists of four concentric rings around a center spot (check out the screenshots). You also have 32 game tiles consisting of two tiles each of every combination of four colors and four symbols (2 x 4 x 4 = 32). The object of the game is to place a tile in that center spot by working your way in from the outer rings by followingc certain rules:
- Tiles cannot match their neighbors in symbol or color.
- Tiles in the inner rings must match one of the parent tiles they are connected to by color and the other by symbol.
What's new in this version:
- Due to compilation issues with Xcode, OS X 10.2 is no longer supported.
- Added loading and saving of games.
- Added menu items that go to http://www.malarkeysoftware.com and the donation and contact pages.
- The cursor now changes based on where the mouse pointer is and what the player is doing.
- Renamed the "Easy" and "Medium" difficulty levels to "Normal" and "Moderate".
- When the game ends due to no more moves available, the sheet that... See all new features »