CNET Editors' review
Guess The Phrase offers players a challenging word jumble and pop culture game rolled into one. With simple game play and challenging questions, this program does an excellent job of balancing fun with fact.
With an instantly understandable layout and helpful hints along the way, users will have no trouble with the program's interface or its cartoonish look. However, a Help file is available for those in need. The game consists of jumbled letters that resemble a word search, hangmanesque blank spaces where the answer must be filled in, and with a clue. Users must link touching letters to spell a word (the more letters in the word the more points the guess is worth) and then depending on how many letters from your word are in the mystery phrase, you score points. Users are given a limited number of turns to guess and can opt to play 20 rounds, 5 rounds, or a customizable round. The phrases come from a variety of pop culture references, including movies, music, and politics. The game took a little getting used to, but soon became addictive and fun. The program's best features are the automatic tutorial pop-ups that walk newcomers through the steps. This option can be easily turned off once the rules are understood.
The program did leave behind a folder in our Program Files that had to be manually removed after uninstallation. However, with fun gameplay and challenging questions, users will want more than just a 10-run trial of this addictive word game.
From Kristanix Studios:
Solve different categories such as movie titles, popular musicians, world cities, and animals. When you play Guess The Phrase!, your goal is to guess a hidden phrase. To reveal letters in the phrase, you link letters to make words. When you make a word, the first letter of that word is revealed in the phrase. There are many cool phrase categories for you to play including famous songs, movie actors, great artists, countries, famous quotes, legendary creatures, movie titles, and more. In addition, there are two different play modes, large and small, that play very differently. Contains more than 1000 phrases to solve across 14 unique categories.
What's new in this version: Bug fixes and improvements.
More Products to Consider
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Uncover the missing letters to a Bible verse or phrase.
- Unscramble letters to form words under a clock.
- Guide jumping plumber past obstacles to save Mario's true love.
- Click letters to make words and solve thousands of familiar phr...
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Randomize letters of each word to make texts more challenging t...
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Create as many words as you can using nine letters.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Count number of words, characters, or instances a specific word...
- Find a word or phrase and replace it with another one.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Display possible word list and complete words automatically as ...
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Enter any text and enjoy it being on fire while your computer t...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test your word-building skills combining letters on the grid.
- Translate words and phrases with Google translation engine righ...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...