CNET Editors' review
Guess The Phrase offers players a challenging word jumble and pop culture game rolled into one. With simple game play and challenging questions, this program does an excellent job of balancing fun with fact.
With an instantly understandable layout and helpful hints along the way, users will have no trouble with the program's interface or its cartoonish look. However, a Help file is available for those in need. The game consists of jumbled letters that resemble a word search, hangmanesque blank spaces where the answer must be filled in, and with a clue. Users must link touching letters to spell a word (the more letters in the word the more points the guess is worth) and then depending on how many letters from your word are in the mystery phrase, you score points. Users are given a limited number of turns to guess and can opt to play 20 rounds, 5 rounds, or a customizable round. The phrases come from a variety of pop culture references, including movies, music, and politics. The game took a little getting used to, but soon became addictive and fun. The program's best features are the automatic tutorial pop-ups that walk newcomers through the steps. This option can be easily turned off once the rules are understood.
The program did leave behind a folder in our Program Files that had to be manually removed after uninstallation. However, with fun gameplay and challenging questions, users will want more than just a 10-run trial of this addictive word game.
From Kristanix Studios:
Solve different categories such as movie titles, popular musicians, world cities, and animals. When you play Guess The Phrase!, your goal is to guess a hidden phrase. To reveal letters in the phrase, you link letters to make words. When you make a word, the first letter of that word is revealed in the phrase. There are many cool phrase categories for you to play including famous songs, movie actors, great artists, countries, famous quotes, legendary creatures, movie titles, and more. In addition, there are two different play modes, large and small, that play very differently. Contains more than 1000 phrases to solve across 14 unique categories.
What's new in this version: Bug fixes and improvements.
More Products to Consider
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Unscramble letters to form words under a clock.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Collect lemons using an orange and the rules of physics.
- Get a small pink block reunited with a big one.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Play an interesting sport game.
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Win by racing or wasting other cars.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Arrange falling shapes neatly on a floor.
- Add social media applications in your game with ease.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Make words from adjacent letter tiles.
- Have fun playing 2-member cribbage game.
- Emulates UK Chanel 4 Countdown letters on your PC.
- Take a spin around three tracks with three car modes.
- Have fun matching colorful eggs.
- Advance through waves of invading chickens, avoid falling eggs,...