GridMove is a program that aims at making windows management easier. It does so by defining a visual grid on the desktop, to which windows can easily be snapped. This program comes bundled with some predifined grid templates, that can be swaped with one click, but also has ways of creating custom grids or sharing grids made by others. GridMove makes moving and resizing windows, and general desktop organization as easy as drag and drop.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Use desktop magnifier for visually impaired users and design pr...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- The most convenient way to view your favorite images on the des...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Assign help to your grid column and form control.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Prepare for Microsoft's Designing and Implementing Desktop Appl...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Generate and solve Sudoku puzzles of standard or your own grid.
- Get visual access to currently opened or minimized windows.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Receive a visual Gmail notification on your desktop.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Open and view GIS/CAD or raster image files.
- Switch among many virtual desktops.
- Display a special effects screensaver on your desktop.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Enjoy this screensaver with scenic sites and pleasant music.
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Excellent Simple Productivity Utility"
Version: GridMove 1.19.62
- Does what it is suppose to. Split the screen in 2 or 3 (several other templates are available)
- Very intuitive: Just move a window into one of the defined area as you would move it off the screen, a visible indicator shows you which area of your screen you are about to "dock" the window you are currently moving. Just release and your window "dock and fills the area you expected. I usually use the 2 vertical areas template (or the 3 vertical area template). It is perfect to instantly align two browser windows two Word documents, etc.. you need to compare.
- You need to invest a good minute to understand how it works, then it is very easy and useful every day. I can't do without anymore.
I recommend this over the half a dozen other alternatives on the market, because it works very very well and works with any application windows (including browsers) you can think of.
In addition it is by far the most robust one I have tried. Others have been very unreliable.
"Not bad but takes time to figure out."
Version: GridMove 1.19.62
You can set areas of your screen to make the windows size to. However to make them you must edit text files...takes a bit to figure out. Once you get it setup it works fairly well.
Not user friendly. No graphical way to make "grids".
If you need basic side by side on a monitor, Windows 7 already has that. If you need more and can spend the time to figure this out, it will do the job.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: