CNET Editors' review
Golden Eagle Flight Prep provides all the tools pilots need to plan a flight route. Offering a surprising amount of useful and specialized features, this is a great addition to any general aviation pilot's software collection.
The program's interface might seem intimidating to nonpilots, since it's peppered with aviation jargon, FAA abbreviations, and other flight-related specifics. However, the manual in the program's Help file clarifies most questions and proves that Golden Eagle Flight Prep is, in fact, a very user-friendly design. The program's primary function is flight itinerary planning, which is made simple as pointing your cursor on the map and selecting the appropriate airports for your journey. Flight routes are laid out on a map. Elevation displays in a handy flow chart and is also easy to select and modify. Golden Eagle's Raster Charts offer a detailed look at air traffic control zones around the USA. These helped us plan a clear path to our destination. In addition, the DUATS chart, which illuminates weather concerns around the country, was clear and easy to read and worked in tandem with our travel route. Golden Eagle's best feature is a real time-saver: By clicking on a map, you can call up information such as longitude, latitude, longest runway, and elevation about any airport on your route. This program seemingly thought of everything you need to plan an air journey.
Golden Eagle Flight Prep is freeware. This is a great tool for pilots to plot their course by, and we recommend it.
Golden Eagle FlightPrep was developed take advantage of the latest Internet online flight planning capability. Many new features, such as weather overlay, always current TFR's, richer flight planning charts, and a direct online flight planning gateway to FlightPrep, make Golden Eagle FlightPrep the flight planner of choice for pilots facing the challenges of today's complex airspace. The new Golden Eagle flight planner includes: optional VFR & IFR charts as well as approach plates to your flight preparation system, new airspace & TFR tool tips let you touch airspace and get instant identification and effective details, new graphical airspace depiction on the profile view with airspace tool tip capability, new route wizard featuring SIDs & STARs listings, new Internet auto-update feature to alert you of new data and program files.
What's new in this version: Version 5.1.2 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- View and print PowerPoint presentations.
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Process documents and save them in various formats.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Prepare stunning presentations, save them on cloud, and share w...
- Create and manage your invoices, quotes and manage inventory an...
- Create and manage databases with graphical interface.
- Manage SQL databases with graphical interface.
- Create and manage the membership database for any Chamber of Co...
- Convert image files to PDF documents.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 13 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content