CNET Editors' reviewSimilar to Windows' Quick Launch but a bit more powerful, GetStartedXP adds a shortcut toolbar to your desktop. You can position the bar on any side of the screen, add shortcut icons, and make them as large as you like. To save space, you also can have the toolbar hide when not in use. GetStartedXP supports special shortcuts for shutting down or logging off, and separators and directory menus for grouping entries. Drag-and-drop support makes adding shortcuts a snap. On the minus side, the toolbar doesn't look very snazzy and takes too many system resources for a simple Desktop add-on. If Quick Launch is too small for all the shortcuts you need, try GetStartedXP.
From Computent Systems:
Add this fully customizable and animated Apple-style-launchbar to your desktop. getStarted!XP is a powerful replacement for the start menu, the QuickLaunch bar and the Office shortcut bar. Some of the features of getStarted!XP include: magnify effect, variable icon size, support of styles and skins, autohide, hide desktop icons, separators, directory fly out menus, dock on all edges of screen, all shortcuts are fully customizable. Version 4.5.6 features performance improvements in some functions and the following bug fixes: graphical errors on wallpaper and overlapping windows fixed, problems with "Autohide" option fixed.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Create and customize applications right from portal site.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Control oft-used programs with a launch menu.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Recover and repair your desktop shortcut.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Speed up the launching of your applications.
- View programs that automatically launch at every system start.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Launch various programs and applications on your PC.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Manage links to programs and documents using a handy alternativ...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Launch and access almost everything you need.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Launch programs using quick search.
- Download six new and fun programs for your Tablet PC.
- Access your favorite files, folders, and programs from one menu...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"easy, good working, light & very useful"
Version: GetStartedXP 4.5.6
the main points are:
easy-&-fast access to wathever in your pc, applications, folders, lnks, etc
good shell integration,
very light (i mean it almost use no memory or CPU),
almost perfect. if i have to find a black spot, it somewhat is a bit too light.
if you'r lookin for cool graphic effects, it may not satisfy you at all.. (no transaprency etc.)