CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Most adventure games on smartphones are often designed with leveled learning curves to allow the player to get through stages progressively. Garfield's Defense, however, seems to bring back the same hard times that old gamers have experienced during the time of 16-bit screens.
The smooth, seamless motion and color palettes of the game's interface make it seem like you're simply watching an episode of "Garfield." We have even used an Android 3.2 unit, which makes gameplay a lot more fluid (though it can be used on older Android units). The game's mechanics are very enjoyable and there are lots of things that you can do to progress levels. Collecting different unconventional weapons is one thing, but you can also "hire" other characters to aid you in defeating the aliens. Even with help it isn't a sure thing you'll easily advance to the next level. We found the game both highly addictive and a bit frustrating when we got stuck in a level; it took some time and dedication to advance.
Garfield's Defense looks cute but it's still a pretty hard adventure game. Don't expect to move easily through the levels just because the game is based on a cartoon cat. If you like a challenge, Garfield's Defense offers beautifully rendered graphics and increasingly tough levels to conquer.
From Web Prancer:
The celebrated Garfield comic come to life in a free action strategy game!Take me to your freezer!Alien Food Invaders attack the home of Jon Arbuckle and his cat Garfield! The invaders are almost as dangerous as they are ridiculous. They want to capture food to convert it into vehicles and weapons which theyll use to take over the Earth. Garfield will not tolerate such a dismal, lasagna-less future, so the lazy cat is taking on the alien meatballs!Garfields Defense combines siege and tower defense for an epic action-strategy game in which you defend Jons fridge from waves of zany attackers. You control Garfield, who has various comical weapons at his disposal including forks, rolled-up newspapers, and a launcher capable of firing a dozen cheap plastic toy cars at once. Garfield can summon characters from the comic strip, including the slobbery Odie, Nermal, Wade, Orson, Arlene, and Jon.Prepare for alien anarchy FREE!You'll need fast reflexes and clever thinking to dodge the aliens, decide which friends to summon, and launch counter-attacks. One wrong move and Garfield could end up in a world with no people - and no lasagna.Recent changes:Happy Birthday, Garfield!!!Join Garfield as he celebrates his 34th birthday! We're giving away these awesome freebies! Party on!- Super Pie x 1- Special Friends Pizza x 1- Popcorn box x 1- Garfield's Suit up Box x 1- Cookies x 500 Get the latest version of Garfield's Defense on Google Play today to enjoy these goodies!Content rating: Low Maturity
What's new in this version: Happy Birthday, Garfield!!!Join Garfield as he celebrates his 34th birthday! We're giving away these awesome freebies! Party on!- Super Pie x 1- Special Friends Pizza x 1- Popcorn box x 1- Garfield's Suit up Box x 1- Cookies x 500 Get the latest version of Garfield's Defense on Google Play today to enjoy these goodies!
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- 3d truck racing game.
- Create your own text adventures (interactive fiction).
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Play through a whole career of wrestling matches featuring a va...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content